Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically, after i drive for a little bit and my car warms up, my engine would make a lot of knocking noises that can be heard from inside over my music. it happens occasionally and it even happens when i am idling. my car also has overheating problems cause i have a crack in my radiator. can anyone help me out? thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
it may be caused by air bubbles or low amount of coolant in your cooling system if coolant doesn't get through the throttle body then it will cause knocking or rough idle.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Having a cracked radiator does not allow the system to hold pressure at the require PSI / BAR, change out the radiator and DO NOT use that stop leak crap, its all junk and you will end up with a worse problem that what you started. Now granted this may not solve your problem. The sooner you get the radiator fixed the sooner you can further diagnos. Replacing the radiator is VERY easy. Take off the two clamp that hold the radiator top, remove the hoses, lower radiator, upper radiator, tranny cooler lines and the other misc. bolts. then drop in the new one. It will take an idiot 2 hours max and a handy man 1 hour and a experienced person 30 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.