Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had the car about three months so I've just now started running the AC a bit. It seems to me that it is a bit loud, and I'm not talking about the blower. I can't hear it as well outside the car but inside the cabin it seems to cause a louder than I would expect clicking noise coming from the engine area. It does increase with the RPMs. It is not obnoxous, just louder than I would expect a Lexus to be.

Some things from my.is that I've picked up on, could be...
1. leak in low pressure ac line
2. bad clutch on ac compressor

This may be related...I also get the slight "rumble" or "straw sucking out the last bit of Coke" sound with the AC of at about 3K RPM under load...turn on the AC and it disappears.

Any thoughts?

02 IS300
5sp Man.
73K miles

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have a similar problem. The AC is louder than it should be i.e. noticeable, and I have the thuppppbbbttttttttt!!!!! gurgle gurgle gurgle sound :jawDrop: at 3k rpm. I'm bumping this hoping someone will come along to help us. My sound is NOT the typical low coolant and only happens with the AC off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
normal ac sound

just had the ac serviced and chkd out and the service guy says that it is fine, everyhting is normal. I guess I am just hearing things

·
Registered
609 Posts
That's what they told me too. :( I know it's there and I know it's AC related because if I turn on the AC it doesn't do it for a while...not a long while, but a while...If I turn the AC off, it comes back in a few minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts