·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
now that i have your attention:

CLICK HERE FOR BEFORE PICS

AFTER PICS:

BLACK PAINTED REAR HUBS BEFORE AND AFTER:
(didnt do the fronts, they arent that visible anyways)

took me 2 days! ..so how ya like them?? i think they go pretty good with my gloss black rims + red lug nuts, thanks to K3RRY who helped me get them off ebay, and i was able to rid my open ended lugs so he could fit his new RacingHart centercaps on his new rims...

I used Duplicolor High Temp Engine Enamel Gloss Black for the Hubs,
and Duplicolor Black Caliper Brush Paint Kit.

also thanks to Jeff AKA Flatline_IS for providing the decals for my calipers and centercaps.

The centercaps are made by me, with the C/F sheets they sell at Super AutoBacs. got the 2MM thick one, and carved it into the shape of my centercap. then stuck the "L" emblems on them. :p

-Aaron :neener:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and yeah i know my rims are dirrtay =D

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a good 6 months old. yes they were, when i bought them.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
nice plus rep!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
doh You must show some love to other members before giving it to onyxaltezza again.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
lookz good but not feeling the IS300 emblem on the fender.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Much better Aaron. Ya still got a little overspray of orange on a few things, but damn, that is 100% better than before. Don't know why it took you 2 days, but good job. Oh yea, the "IS300" emblem on the fender... I'd get rid of it. If you really want something there, I can make it for you. What about a //TRD logo or something? Might look better.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
good idea on changing the caliper color and painting the hub...

here are some things i would change..
--Remove the caliper and grind it down smooth and paint it.
--Remove the ROTOR and paint it OFF the car so it comes out better. If you notice you didnt paint all the way up to the actual rotor itself, you painted part of the hub. Its all going to rust on you again..
--Ditch those red emblems on your fender, looks very cheap for a lexus..

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
damn that looks sooo much better Aaron. I didnt know you were putting on trd decals. I want a set now hmmm. :)
you did a pretty good job considering you dont even know how to change the oil....haha jk +rep

ill be glad to help you anytime

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
very nice...:approve:

that was my plan, to go with red calipers and black TRD emblems...;)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks a lot guys =D

Phillzpeed said:
Looks much better than before. Very nice.

+rep!
wow to have someone like philz comment on my shiet =D

rllinghardis300 said:
dayumm.. those are some nice wheels..
they look expensive..
I KNOW HUH SAM?! DAMN.... ;D

Flatline IS said:
Much better Aaron. Ya still got a little overspray of orange on a few things, but damn, that is 100% better than before. Don't know why it took you 2 days, but good job. Oh yea, the "IS300" emblem on the fender... I'd get rid of it. If you really want something there, I can make it for you. What about a //TRD logo or something? Might look better.
Yeah Jeff, I couldnt get some of the orange off...cuz i couldnt fit my finger into the area holding the sandpaper..but yeha it took TWO days because it took longer to sand it with sand paper and laquer thinner, than it took to actually paint it! But yeah thats a good idea i shouldt have thought about getting the fender trim form you..i'LL try to get it off and clear off the gunk first, then let u know what I decide. thanks man!

Malekreza11 said:
good idea on changing the caliper color and painting the hub...

here are some things i would change..
--Remove the caliper and grind it down smooth and paint it.
--Remove the ROTOR and paint it OFF the car so it comes out better. If you notice you didnt paint all the way up to the actual rotor itself, you painted part of the hub. Its all going to rust on you again..
--Ditch those red emblems on your fender, looks very cheap for a lexus..
yeah I it got kinda hard, wit the rear calipers to paint all the way to the bottome around the hub...and i alrady sanded it, but just not off the car...i used sand paper/lacquer thinner, and a dremel tool with 120grit Sand drill bit to grind off the many layers of ground coat, high temp paint, and clearcoat that i had on before...thanks though!

K3RRY said:
damn that looks sooo much better Aaron. I didnt know you were putting on trd decals. I want a set now hmmm. :)
you did a pretty good job considering you dont even know how to change the oil....haha jk +rep
ill be glad to help you anytime
thanks a lot man =D soon enough i will be like you...and i will learn how to put in headers, wire up Valentine's, etc... =D thanks a lot kerry !!!

tsopranoMB said:
very nice...:approve:

that was my plan, to go with red calipers and black TRD emblems...;)
yeah it crossed my mind, but too many ppl have it...plus it think itd be too bright, b/c the red that comes for caliper paint is like a really bright tone of red....

thanks a bunch everyone ;D

-Aaron

1 - 20 of 51 Posts