Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought my is300 I recieved 2 keys, I did some research and Im making sure I could copy and program it before buying a blank key online. Well my problem is I lost one of my key and I was reading around and said you would need the master key to progem the copy key. I tested my non-remote key with the door(work),trunk(work),glove department(work),and ignition (turn the security light off right away) so is this a master <crossing my finger> thanks for the help...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, Im asking to make sure if my key is a master key.

·
Registered
96 Posts
someone correct me if im wrong but, if the key that you have has the Lock/Unlock buttons on it, it is a master key... is this what you were asking?

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey konaman I live about 1 hr from you (springdale , Ar) but yeah I read the master sometime dont have to be a remote one..

·
Registered
96 Posts
far as i know the key with the three buttons is the master key... my car came with two other keys: the valet key and the wallet key (card key). all of these will start the car but the valet wil not unlock the trunk. i dont know if the valet or the wallet key can be used to program another or not

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my key looked like the valet one,the one I lost was light gray color with no lexus sign but works like the key i have.. it unlock/lock everything and also turns off the security light once key is inserted.

·
Registered
192 Posts
sorry to threadjack,but I'm also in need of another key. I've read that they can be purchased from ebay. I don't need another remote key (still have mine), so I'd just like the Valet-style.

Do you guys know if this key will work:
eBay replacement key

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
U jacked my thread !! haha but you can buy it and program it to your car because I'm 99% sure you can . but for me I'm making 100% sure If I can do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts