Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i lost one of my master keys and was wondering if anyone had instructions on how i can reprogram my ecm to remove the old master key and add back all my other keys (remaining master key, valet, credit card)?

in the meanwhile i'll be shopping for a replacement master key...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I believe that so far everyone went to dealer for the 're-programming' of master keys for Lexus cars. It's gonna cost you around $400-500. But the price includes a brand new set of keys (2 master, one credit card, one valet)

I think it's worth it so you can sleep at night, and not worrying about how someone with that stolen master key trying to find your IS300.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks blenny!

that's probably what i'll need to do... btw, called my dealer for options - about $500 for new keys and about $1300 for new keys and new locks (trunk, ignition, door). anyways i'll call around for some better prices...

i did read somewhere that you can "remove" the lost key from the ecm by getting it programmed... supposedly the ecm stores a unique ID for each key that you have... just wondering if this can be done by a series of pushing the gas and brake pedals (similar to adding a new key to the ecm)

in the meanwhile, just hoping and waiting...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Anyone know of a better deal on a key than the lexus dealer? I want a copy of my master key but I dont want to pay $250 for . Any suggestions?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
i have an extra key that i bought cheep on Ebay... how do i program it to work on my car....???

can i do it or is that a dealer service only...?

anyone kno of their avg. prices for this.......?

edG

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
when I got my pre-owned IS300 back in last year Oct. they only give me one master key and one valet key. can I go back and ask for another master key or it's too late?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try Darrel at www.lexus-parts.com. He should be able to sell you a master key under $200 if you are a member. Then again, I got those prices last year but its still worth a shot.

If you give him your VIN #, he'll also cut the key. You can't just buy a key from Ebay unless you're planning on just using it for remote entry or remote start. I believe it also has to be cut to fit your ignition.

·
8,880 Posts
You can also opt for an aftermarket alarm system. Installed, it'll probably cost more than $500, but it's just another option to consider.

·
Registered
14 Posts
edgy: I think if you have one master key, Lexus can program the other one you got for around $30 (can't remember exactly).

KevIS300: probably too late. interestingly enough when I bought mine (pre-owned) I only got one key. About 3 months later the dealership mailed me the other. Not sure if they misplaced it, or if the previous owner found it and took it to them. Either way I was thankful I hadn't spent the $200+ to get one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts