Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was moving into a house with my girlfriend sat night when the IS was parked in the front yard. I was in and out moving stuff all night. went to get into my car and I was missing my keys. So I just grabed the spare thinking that I just threw them into a box or something. My land lord came by to check my old place out, the front door was open, when I had locked it the night before, My 13" tv was missing, and some lights were on. I called Lexus but they said it was going to be about 600.00 just for keys and locks, then I have to pay to have them installed. I am the only IS 300, white, for about four counties. I stick out like a sore thumb. This means that who ever took my car can just walk up to it and drive off no problem. I have a UNGO 8300 but it is not installed yet. Does anyone know ifthe factory alarm can bypassed and the UNGO put in its' place? I need help before my IS gets stolen. HELP HELP

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on guys help me!!!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
you can replace the whole security system from your lexus dealer and that old key of yours won't be able to open the door nor start the engine because it'll have the wrong transponder chip inside.. i would definately get that done..

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
dude just get it replaced, i dont get it though, u said u were in and out to the car, if u had ur keys to the new place then how would they know where u liveD?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would garage the car at a friends house where it can't be seen and borrow someone else's car until you figure it out....that way you can take your time in deciding what to do. Also, call your insurance company if you don't have full coverage and GET IT!

Also, see about putting in a fuel cut-off switch and don't tell anyone where the switch is...they may be able to take your car....but it won't go very far! It may be cheaper than replacing everything...at least temporarily. Then figure out something in the mean time.
Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Also, see if you can find and chat with SilverLex...he has LoJack on his car. The good thing about the keys is that if you find the guy...its not like he can make copies...find him...find your key!

Lojack

·
8,880 Posts
Have the dealer erase the code for your old key. Shouldn't cost you anything. They will still be able to open your car, but won't be able to start it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe that if you tow your car over to Lexus, they can reprogram the security system so you're old keys won't work. When I had the ECU/Trac Fix done, they had to reprogram my keys to work with the car becuase the fix "flashed" the memory of the security system. No big deal, it should only take a few minutes. But then you have to get them tho make you new keys.... $$$

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Sup Eaglecomm! I forgot to ask you who you were on the .net boards after the ClubLex meet.

The first thing our salesman told us was "Don't lose these keys". I guess he wasn't kidding. Sorry to hear about that Tex. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey bud! Yep, you found me!
Hey SilverLex, did you have the LoJack installed from the dealer b4 you bought the car or as an add-on afterwards..do you mind posting the price? The website only has links to dealers that do it....but no prices..also, is it a monthly fee type product.
Thx!!!

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
LOJACK IS A ONE TIME FEE OF 495-795, DEPENDS ON THE DEALER, I PAID 595 FOR MINE, AND THEY CAME TO MY HOUSE TO INSTALL IT!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
We also paid $595 and it was installed at the dealership before we picked up the car. No monthly fees.

Hope I never have to use too.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
get THE CLUB!! if they can get into your car, now they just can't turn it...and turn you wheel to the right or left so if they try driven it, they will just go in circles!!!

the only thing you have to be careful of, is they might tow it....and like take it somewhere else, and drive it.... but THE CLUB 39.00 way to go...or like the other guys said LoJack...and check the lawn and other places for your keys too incase...!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I decided I have a UNGO 8300 and I am installing it with remote start, windows, it already has a starter kill, but I am thinking about using a fuel line cut off. I hae been driving my woman's 91 celica, POS. and she has my car with her at work. It goes to another town. I park the car in the back yard with my friendly half rott half doberman, she takes care of it at night. I will let you guys know what else happens. I guess there goes the money for my intake and AFC.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
here u go, break the window of ur is300, call the insurance company and say ur car was broken into and ur spare keys were in the glove box, then get it all replaced with all ur cd's and stuff that were stolen..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts