Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my damn key. And it's like 200 bucks for another anybody know a cheaper way of getting one? then getting it cut and programmed at a dealership?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well this worked for me i bought my key through a local Toyota dealership when i lost mine..Payed only $100 and Lexus programmed it for free.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there anyone in particular that i would want to talk to at carson toyota? Or should I just call them and ask "hey can you get me a key"? It just sucks because the closest lexus dealeership is in owings mills md and that's like 35 miles away and they said that I would have to first buy the key from them for 200 then it would be shipped for $9 or overnighted for $22, then i would have to get my car there to the dealership and have the key programmed and that would require me getting the car towed somewhere 45 minutes away which would probably cost another 200 bucks. So you can see my dilemma I'm lookin at close to 500 bucks for 1 key.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
aren't you even a little worried that ALL of your car keys are floating around? Especially since 3 of them are with the previous owner who knows what the car looks like?

I would be uncomfortable with that. but if you can't afford to replace the keys, good luck with replacing the locks.... thats VERY expensive. Just something to think about though....

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Oh shitballs, I hope you didn't lose the master key... If you did, you'll have to purchase a $1000+ security ECU, and a new key, and have them install it and program a new master key!

·
Registered
29,484 Posts
bruins02 said:
didn't see any on ebay just keychains
Search for Lexus keys and don't bid on the 6 days till end auction where hehateme202528 is the leading bidder because that is me and I cracked my key and need a new one dammit!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you did loose all the keys they are right you will have to buy a new engine computer. I know www.luxurymotorworks.com can reflash the engine computer for you so you don't even have to pay the dealer to program the keys. You have to remove the engine computer "it is easy" send it to them they will reflash it so it will except up to 3 new keys. It is just like buying a new computer at the dealer only a fraction of the price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.