Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To give some backstory, originally I was having a problem where after driving for a period of time, I would lose all response from the electric portion of the throttle and could only get a response once it pulled the throttle cable, so I originally tried to fix the APPS from research, replaced that part along with connectors for the apps and throttle motor connector (they were broken from the previous owner) and came back to the same problem, but now accompanied by a struggle to idle on start, that then levels out if I hold the throttle for 30-40 seconds. Then replaced the TPS and adjusted it to 14.9% which didn't change anything. Picked up a used throttle body to try and replace it with, but I'm wondering if there is anything else that could be the problem. Wiring to the APPS maybe?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unscrew the cover. Spray carb cleaner through the holes under it. Ten put the lid bck on. Also pay attention to the gasket. If torn replace it. Or use a thin coat of RTV.
Ill do that when i get home today, would that also explain the P2127 code as well? I have a new throttle body to try also but might try to just clean first

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unscrew the cover. Spray carb cleaner through the holes under it. Ten put the lid bck on. Also pay attention to the gasket. If torn replace it. Or use a thin coat of RTV.
Okay update, cleaned the idle circuit plate and now it’s starting and idling well, code is now P2121 with the swapped throttle body. I have a new apps and tps from the other throttle body. Could this one be bad too? Going to order a apps pigtail too in case it’s there wiring

·
5,432 Posts
What did you set the TPS to? The only other thing I could think of. Is remove the APP and install it again. You may not have got engaged right. The ugly thing. Would be wiring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts