Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i lost control on the freeway as i oversteered at ~110..yeah i know im stupid.. no need to tell me.. i feel bad enough as it is :-? ..i drifted left and right as i pulled the ebrake trying to make a stop.. some smoke came out of my tires w/ the smell of burning rubber and my engine went off as i finally stopped on the shoulder of the road..

luckily there werent many cars around at the time.. no one was hurt and my car wasnt damaged.. i think.. however, ever since it happened, the steering wheel feels looser than before.. as if the wheel wasnt as sensitive as it used to be.. i know its bad for the tires but theyre still fairly new w/ 3K miles on them..

but is there anything i should check for that might be causing a problem due to what happened?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
good thing no body was hurt and nothing major happend to your car.
but, pulling the e-brake doesnt help you, at all.
you should've kept your foot on gas steadily and steer away. or atleast use footbrake hard so the ABS would do the work for you.

now you prolly have flatspots on your rear tires(not covered by the warranty), and alignment is knocked out.(warranty covered... hopefully).

good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah.. i've never been in that situation before so i wasnt quite sure what to do .. how can i check if my alignment is out?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
koven said:
yeah.. i've never been in that situation before so i wasnt quite sure what to do .. how can i check if my alignment is out?
take it to the dealer and have them do an alignment. you should get one done free in the first 20k miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts