Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys,

I've noticed that the e-brake handle is a little bit loose in that it moves side to side when it is down. (bolt loose?) It is tight and doesn't move when the e-brake is set, but only when it is down. I mentioned this to the service guys at Serramonte Lexus in Colma, Ca (bay area) at my recent 1K service and they said that is normal to have some freeplay side to side when the handle is down. Is this normal? I'm a bit skeptical of this answer because my friend's honda accord e-brake handle doesn't do that. Do you think they are bullshitting me? (cuz serramonte isn't the dealer i bought the car from; I bought it across the bay at Coliseum Lexus) :-? Either way, do you think it'd be bad if i just left it like that? Thanx guys...

IS sambeck

·
Registered
899 Posts
IS sambeck said:
sup guys,

I've noticed that the e-brake handle is a little bit loose in that it moves side to side when it is down. (bolt loose?) It is tight and doesn't move when the e-brake is set, but only when it is down. I mentioned this to the service guys at Serramonte Lexus in Colma, Ca (bay area) at my recent 1K service and they said that is normal to have some freeplay side to side when the handle is down. Is this normal? I'm a bit skeptical of this answer because my friend's honda accord e-brake handle doesn't do that. Do you think they are bullshitting me? (cuz serramonte isn't the dealer i bought the car from; I bought it across the bay at Coliseum Lexus) :-? Either way, do you think it'd be bad if i just left it like that? Thanx guys...

IS sambeck
Mine is the same way. Took it to the dealer and he said the same thing. While I was there, he showed me two other IS's with the same "problem".
It could be annoying, but I guess it's normal :-? .

·
8,880 Posts
NORMAL...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts