Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was home I was with some friends walking through Georgetown... There was this black Corvette coupe completely pimped out and inside was this buff looking Black dude who looked like a gangster (with gold chains and mean looking appearence)... He had his top removed from his vette and was BLASTING the song "Sailing" by Christopher Cross down M-street... You had to be there... :lol:
Eric...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tinlemon said:
Seriously though, it's always fun to roll through G-town and watch heads turn.

Yeah I used to do that with my friends while at GW, on the way to the clubs... It's funny to see the same people every time. The rich arabs in their $100K Mercedes and BMWs who keep circling to make like 100 runs up and down M-street..
Eric...

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
EricK said:
Tinlemon said:

Yeah I used to do that with my friends while at GW, on the way to the clubs... It's funny to see the same people every time. The rich arabs in their $100K Mercedes and BMWs who keep circling to make like 100 runs up and down M-street..
Eric...
where I'm from, which is Queens, dem people would be arrested for cruising

cruising is considered to pass the same point over 3 times or more in one hour...you can get a ticket for it in Phoenix

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
EricK said:
Tinlemon said:

Eric...

cruising is considered to pass the same point over 3 times or more in one hour...you can get a ticket for it in Phoenix
Is there someone that sits there and counts how many times a car passes at popular cruising spots?

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Tinlemon said:
Is there someone that sits there and counts how many times a car passes at popular cruising spots?
I am not sure if they actually just sit there but yes...on Friday and Saturday nights...the cops sort of hang out in the general area of cruisers and will pull you over if they see you a bunch (especially if you are a teen)...there are signs posted everywhere about it too...kinda wierd

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tinlemon said:
ltunedgirl said:
EricK said:
Tinlemon said:

Eric...

Yeah, can't you just say I'm looking for someone on the sidewalk and that's why I've been up and down the road.... I don't see how they could enforce that....
Eric...

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
EricK said:
Tinlemon said:
ltunedgirl said:
EricK said:
Tinlemon said:

Eric...

Yeah, can't you just say I'm looking for someone on the sidewalk and that's why I've been up and down the road.... I don't see how they could enforce that....
Eric...
the thing is, they can, if the signs are posted...they had a huge problem with high schoolers just hanging out on a few streets...racing...causing havoc...I mean, if my mom were to cruise it, they could care less....it was mainly a way to get teens to stop from congregating and causing trouble

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
that's ghey! stupid things like that make me wonder why cops waste their time with shit like that when they could be solving a murder or getting drunk drivers off the road.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
Tinlemon said:
I am not sure if they actually just sit there but yes...on Friday and Saturday nights...the cops sort of hang out in the general area of cruisers and will pull you over if they see you a bunch (especially if you are a teen)...there are signs posted everywhere about it too...kinda wierd
If the cop is sitting there counting cars for an hour, wouldn't he be loitering?

-Justin

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I've personally never gotten a ticket for cruising in Phoenix. I know that downtown ASU--Mill Avenue has it setup like ltunedgirl says. The cops/computer dorks sit in the median with a laptop and types in every license plate they see. At least I think that's the way it works. Mostly I think they look for ricers and other teens that cause trouble like some of you guys said.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
AZTEZZA
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing