Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anything you guys recommend? the audio shop that's doing my custom install for my trunk is recommending a bunch of diamond audio stuff.. i got 2 eclipse 12s in my trunk being installed along with an eclipse amp running ~1000w (thx jerimiah~!)

im thinking coaxials in the back and components in the front..

let's just say my budget is 800 for the front would i be able to cover all the speakers and amp?.. and whatever for the back 200 i guess since im going coaxials

and how does our tweeters do? do they need to be replaced?

any help would be appreciated it 8)

·
Registered
661 Posts
i would say either Infinity or JL Audio speakers as these are the only ones i have actual experience with. I've just installed a set of Infinity 60.5 components in the front doors and 692.5 in the rear deck. You can get those components for around $220-$200 and the 6x9's for $160-$180. Get another Eclipse amp to power them 50wattsx4 will do nicely but 75wattsx4 is preffered.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Re: looking to replace front and back speakers.. tweeters to

xerox said:
anything you guys recommend? the audio shop that's doing my custom install for my trunk is recommending a bunch of diamond audio stuff.. i got 2 eclipse 12s in my trunk being installed along with an eclipse amp running ~1000w (thx jerimiah~!)

im thinking coaxials in the back and components in the front..

let's just say my budget is 800 for the front would i be able to cover all the speakers and amp?.. and whatever for the back 200 i guess since im going coaxials

and how does our tweeters do? do they need to be replaced?

any help would be appreciated it 8)
(Edited by Lisnup65)This is not the sales and trade forum!!!!

·
Useless
4,800 Posts
Do the Diamond D5300.2 for the fronts along with the Diamond M661 component speakers. Retail on these 2 is $869.99 with a L.A.P. of $738.00 . I know that as a dealer of Diamond products that you can get both for your budget. PM me if you have questions!

Diamond does make a 6*9, but only in their entry M3 series. They do work nicely for rear fill purposes though. Retail on the is $239.99 with a lowest advertised price(L.A.P.) of $199.99.

Diamond makes some really awesome products!!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will the d5 300.2 run both the front and back? because i went with the alpine cda 7995 which has no internal amp.. so ill need to run power to both of them.. on a side note, i was thinking going with

diamond s600s in the front
diamond m6 in the back

screw the budget.. since im going all out, might as well do it right the first time

will i need to step up with the d5 600.2? im also thinking about going d5 1200.1 for my subs

·
Registered
25 Posts
i've almost got the same set up as you. i just need to get the diamond hex's though. i've got 2 10" eclipse installed and a 1200.1 diamond amp on the way. you've got an eclipse amp? how's that? i think a 1200.1 amp for your system would be nice.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have the eclipse 34230 premium.. it's knockin pretty good, you can hear it very clean from inside the car, and outside you hardly hear a thump.. which in my case is a good thing, as i dont need to be pulled over ever again.. hehe

it's nice, but regardless, it was made for mids and highs.. it's a 2 channel amp, with the diamond d5 1200.1 i'll have a d class amp made for running subs.. so i think that'll help it out a bit, also with an alpine cda 7995 deck i think it'll be a stronger singal to the amp.. even better.

i just need a dash kit to install it now.. looking for one.. i would get the scosche dash kit. but im not sure if it fits my needs.. what i want is to have the deck on the lower portion, cut a whole for the v1 concealed display and have it flushed right into the dash.

what do you have in your car? all m6 series?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.