Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to lower my car but I dont want to lose all the ride and Im going to keep the stock 17" wheels for now. please let me know what I need to do this and about how low will it be. I dont know if it matters but its a 03 model

·
Registered
266 Posts
Blk on Blk 300 said:
Im looking to lower my car but I dont want to lose all the ride and Im going to keep the stock 17" wheels for now. please let me know what I need to do this and about how low will it be. I dont know if it matters but its a 03 model
My Tein Flex rides well considering my low prof tires. It cost $$$ but its well worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lowering

Im not looking to spend to much $$$ on lowering but If i can get a pretty good ride and be low for a good price I will do it if not I can live with stock :(

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm not really understanding when people say loose the ride. Granted you might loose some of the softness like a caddy, but you gain in every other way. Your car will ride like its on rails! I'll take my car alittle bouncier on the hwy anyday for what i gained when im takin corners! Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
what's your budget like

if you want a near stock feel, l-tuned and eibach have a very slight drop

you can pair that up with some nice koni or bilstein shocks to add some comfort

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont mind spending $150-$200 to lower it and if the parts are used thats kool. Im think of maybe a 1" or 1.5" something that will look nice on the factory wheels for now.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Blk on Blk 300 said:
I dont mind spending $150-$200 to lower it and if the parts are used thats kool. Im think of maybe a 1" or 1.5" something that will look nice on the factory wheels for now.
umm go in your draw and cut the springs....thats in your budget :wink:

the money u want to spend on springs....is just enough for installation if u take it to a place....unless u do it your self

ebiach and l-tuned....are in your range for a drop

damn.....some cheap people here

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not cheap but it really does not matter to me if I lower it or not but If I could get the springs for the price I want to spend then I would lower it. I would like to spend my money on better stuff than lowering it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Blk on Blk 300 said:
Im not cheap but it really does not matter to me if I lower it or not but If I could get the springs for the price I want to spend then I would lower it. I would like to spend my money on better stuff than lowering it.
trust me....one of the best things u could do is lower the car...your saying that now...but once u lower it with a good drop u will see what i'm talking about...

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
the tein stech's should be around a 1.5" drop

check ebay or the sale/trade forum for used parts, you might find a good deal

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Don't forget about $100 for the install and $70 for the alignment.

Probably you already took that into consideration, but some people get caught up on such a good deal in parts, they forget other related expenses.

There's nothing wrong with being cheap. In some cases, it allows you to find better deals. From past experiences, when i rushed stuff, i ended up paying alot. When I took my time, i ended up saving some money.
I paid 100 for tein ht's, 80 for the install, and 70 for the alignment. The drop definitely makes a difference in appearance and handling.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
i love my H&R springs, had them on 2 is300s now. Just need shocks, and ill be back in love with them.

David

·
Registered
57 Posts
does shocks have a great effect on ride? im thinking about lowering w/ tein s-techs and stock shocks.. good idea? bad idea?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
good idea!

David

·
Registered
840 Posts
Blk on Blk 300 said:
Thanks I will keep a eye out for some
let me know via pm if you want Tein S. Tech spring. My friend is authorized dealer for Tein. He can give you a good deal.
I bought it from him too. The ride actually will be stiffer. On the other hand, you can feel the road and better handling at cornering.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had a set of LTuned springs intalled on mine, the drop was nicer (1") but it wasn't enough. :)

I installed a set of Tanabe GF210s and now the drop is very nice. :D

They say the drop is 40-50mm (front) and 25-35mm (rear) - that's 1.57"-1.97" (front) and .985"-1.37" (rear).

My car looks very aggressive now with 17's on.

Click pics in my signature, then "2003 Lex". Pics 16 & 17 have the Tanabe springs. The earlier ones have LTuned. I apologize for not getting better shots when I had LTuned.

Hope this helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts