Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im here in japan for 4 years and im looking at a 2001 toyota altezza rs200 z-edition. i test drove it today, im still relatively new to cars and im not farmiliar with each one, and i had some concerns and im not sure whats normal for wear on these car.

ive had a chrysler crossfire and before i totaled it it only had 34k miles on it (i cant remember how far i had to let the clutch out). then a mazda 6 (it was an auto) that had 27k and i sold it. now i bought a brand new mazdaspeed 3 that i have in storage with only 12k on it (clutch lets out real fast).

so when i test drove the altezza (it has about 77k miles) i noticed i had to let the clutch out A LOT before i would start to take off. ive never had a clutch for that many miles so i dont kno if thats normal for the clutch to release or is the clutch really worn and needs to be replaced (it might be the stock clutch not sure)?

also it dropped its revs at idle really low and even stalled a few times. the seller gets his car from an auction and the battery was dead, almost out of gas (he thinks that was the issue, or even a bad spark plug) so it might of sat around for awhile, and it never really warmed up enough to see if that would remedy the idle issue.

also some if anyone has some good info on the rs200 z-edition that would be good. ive done a little reasearch and found out just some basic specs (2002 Toyota Altezza, RS200 Z edition Modification - all pics, specs, parts and prices).

thanks for looking and giving me some useful info.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
People on here have commented the IS300 clutch pedal engages higher than most cars, and mine is certainly like that

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
www.forum.altezzaclub.org.au

the altezza is big in austrailia and new zealand, and luckily for you, they are english colonies so they all speak english..they spell somethings differently but you should be able to get it :) aus/nz blokes are friendly as well
Please re-post the link... not working for me

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

soo... year and some change later i finally get an rs200 for the right price of 1000 doll hairs ($/dollars) better pix later, there was a typhoon last night. it needs to be cleaned up but im going to try and drift it. hopefully the 3sge will be strong enough, and the OEM LSD will work *crosses fingers*

and aggressive fitment will have to occur as well :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.