Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy a used is it will be my first is 10,500 a good price fo a 01 is 300 blue auto,with 97k all stock except for 18 inch black racing wheels.sound good? things to look for om a used is ?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Sounds good......are you buying the car from a dealer or private? Have the car checked out throughly, first. Good luck. :)

Welcome aboard and enjoy surfing the site. :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
used is300

im a certified audi mechanic i just dont know much about these cars all i have ever had for last couple of years is audi a4's

·
11,061 Posts
See if the CD player is the original or has been replaced...I'm betting it was replaced, but you never know. If it's stock, expect it to die anyway...I'm on my third one.
See if the under body panel was replaced when the notice came from Lexus. Some folks had this drop off or start dragging. Lexus replaced them for anyone who brought the car in.
Ask if the ECU has been flashed. This was a service provided by Lexus to remedy shifting problems early on.
Minor, but check the door pins...a few of us had problems with the driver's side pin when it kept popping out. You can tell if it has been fixed.
Make sure you get the key to the locking wheel nuts (provided it has them). While you're in the back looking for it, inspect the spare.
Timing belt changed at 90K?...should have been...
Battery new/recent? My '01 is still working on the original, but I'm thinking it might be good to change it before winter...

(See if the dealer can find a service record for the car on their system. You just need the VIN number.)

...and CONGRATS on the '01 blue...only made that color in 2001 and only 8% of production was blue. The BEST! ;)

·
11,061 Posts
weston22s said:
what is the underbody panel you are taking about?thanks for all the tips
It's the plastic panel bolted on the underside of the car for protection. Nobody thinks about it...until it starts dragging on the freeway. Mine never came loose, but i took it in when Lexus did the mailing anyway. Other folks reported it coming off in transit.

Reactions: acumenhokie
1 - 8 of 8 Posts