Lexus IS Forum banner

Looking for Wide body kit...350

22K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  MSMIS3 
#1 ·
Im a new jack....so welcome me and all, but my last few cars....350z and 350GT both had wide body kits. I am looking for something nice and wide for my IS350. If i have to use an existing kit, does anyone know or have a pic of a fender-ed IS? im of course like everyone else loving that 5axis sema car....that thing is lovely, and I am kinda digging that team lexus GT2 car and body...but i think our car would make an excellent platform due to the curves and sloping front end.

anyone with knowledge of whether or not this is possible? im sure it is, but id like to see it in practice....or know if someone actually makes one? yes i did a search....no one on here has. and ive been google searching and only found the 5axis and the team lexus car. need help....thanks.

my ride....06 350 have wheels from one of my old cars but they are too wide...19x9.5f/19x10.5r i wish i could get them on my car now, but the offset is like 30-35 and ours is what? 15? or maybe i have that reversed.

any help would be better than what im doing on my own.....

thanks and i hope i have fun here!

#2 ·
#3 ·
yea thats the one i like....but it doesnt have to be that exactly...but i would like to get oversized fenders though. front and back. i think it would make a really pimped look. not quite like a german touring car, but not to far off. ill be moving to East lansing in 3 weeks for law school, so the snow will not be friendly....but i want to freak it out. plus i want to put my 9.5/10.5 wheels on. i think that would look filthy!!!!!

#4 ·
The most that has been done is rolled fenders. I haven't seen anyone pull them or add flares or do a wide-body. There is no wide-body kit out there, it would have to be all custom.

Also, there are a small amount of people already running 10.5" width in the rear and there MIGHT be a few running 9.5" up front.

#5 ·
Believe me I have tried to make our TL kit available to the public and I am still working on it, however due to overwhelming obstacles that still loom from Team Lexus it's been VERY difficult. At this point is is doubtful that it will ever happen. Plus with all the work involved in getting this kit to fit is another story. The molding, the custom inner fender wells, redesigning the rear because its currently designed to connect to an inclosed sub-floor,etc. As much work as it is, I really want to see something from TL make it to the street.

#7 ·
My feeling exactly, but the powers that be want everything in NASCAR and Daytona Protos. Maybe lateer down the road they'll wake up.

#13 ·
i knew a guy with an integra, he took it to the shop and they looked at it for a few weeks than started to custom design a widebody. if you goto a shop that has done widebody (most widebodys need custom install anyways) they might be able to help you, the worst they could say is no. but i do know of a few socal shops that have done widebodys from a blank canvas. good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.