Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a new jack....so welcome me and all, but my last few cars....350z and 350GT both had wide body kits. I am looking for something nice and wide for my IS350. If i have to use an existing kit, does anyone know or have a pic of a fender-ed IS? im of course like everyone else loving that 5axis sema car....that thing is lovely, and I am kinda digging that team lexus GT2 car and body...but i think our car would make an excellent platform due to the curves and sloping front end.

anyone with knowledge of whether or not this is possible? im sure it is, but id like to see it in practice....or know if someone actually makes one? yes i did a search....no one on here has. and ive been google searching and only found the 5axis and the team lexus car. need help....thanks.

my ride....06 350 have wheels from one of my old cars but they are too wide...19x9.5f/19x10.5r i wish i could get them on my car now, but the offset is like 30-35 and ours is what? 15? or maybe i have that reversed.

any help would be better than what im doing on my own.....

thanks and i hope i have fun here!

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you said TeamLexus but did you see this one. and I highly doubt you can purchase this kit. Would be nice thou.
http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules/ew_filemanager/06images/alms/pr/Lexus%20IS%20350%20GT2%20image.jpg
yea thats the one i like....but it doesnt have to be that exactly...but i would like to get oversized fenders though. front and back. i think it would make a really pimped look. not quite like a german touring car, but not to far off. ill be moving to East lansing in 3 weeks for law school, so the snow will not be friendly....but i want to freak it out. plus i want to put my 9.5/10.5 wheels on. i think that would look filthy!!!!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The most that has been done is rolled fenders. I haven't seen anyone pull them or add flares or do a wide-body. There is no wide-body kit out there, it would have to be all custom.

Also, there are a small amount of people already running 10.5" width in the rear and there MIGHT be a few running 9.5" up front.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Believe me I have tried to make our TL kit available to the public and I am still working on it, however due to overwhelming obstacles that still loom from Team Lexus it's been VERY difficult. At this point is is doubtful that it will ever happen. Plus with all the work involved in getting this kit to fit is another story. The molding, the custom inner fender wells, redesigning the rear because its currently designed to connect to an inclosed sub-floor,etc. As much work as it is, I really want to see something from TL make it to the street.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
those cars still havent seen a race track.

Why wouldnt lexus want those out even more now to promote there IS-F car.

Stupid:pissed:
My feeling exactly, but the powers that be want everything in NASCAR and Daytona Protos. Maybe lateer down the road they'll wake up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My feeling exactly, but the powers that be want everything in NASCAR and Daytona Protos. Maybe lateer down the road they'll wake up.
hell by then, ill be looking elsewhere for another car. I dont like any of the available kits for the 350. they all are pretty weak and lame....i think the fenders of the 5axis car makes it look filthy!! more than anything, i just want to run a larger wheel. front and back. take the wheels i have from my G35. which i know will fit overall, but i think the front will definately rub due to the offset. im not sure if i want my fenders to look that big, but subtley larger is cool. the thing i dont like about the current kits are the skirts....ALL OF THEM LOOK LIKE GARBAGE!! front and rears are cool, but the skirts all are weak. now if i had to take an existing kit and had a resource to widen the fenders alittle, then id be happy. i know it would have to be custom, im just looking for someone thats done it.

maybe only about a 1-1.5 flair. that should do. its the lines that im seeking. i mean, that 5axis car is insane!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
put the wheels on, take it to the body shop and have them make you a custom widebody kit. tell them to work around the wheels. just detail your own design

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea might be an idea. but then the same issue arises, the skirts will still suck!

hey apex, why not just give me one! ill advertise it for you....so you can get it on the street. or just give me one since you arent doing anything with it anyways.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
yea might be an idea. but then the same issue arises, the skirts will still suck!

hey apex, why not just give me one! ill advertise it for you....so you can get it on the street. or just give me one since you arent doing anything with it anyways.
If I had one it I would have had it on a car already.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I had one it I would have had it on a car already.
then, lets work a little larceny huh?????!!

im thinking, you man the wrench, and I'll man the lookout and the "i dont know that guy" if we get caught?!!!

sounds like a plan!?

or maybe is there a kit that anyone has seen that isnt the same old, VIP, lextacy...lame sh-t skirts that everyone has seen? if there one thats under the mainstream advertised radar? something from japan, or just something that is wild, with nice skirts and doesnt look ghey?! im looking for lines here. ill probably throw on some 19's. i probably will have to sell my milano's and get something else. (starving law student)

help? any ideas? my 350 is white!

thanks. ive seen some pics of some members, and although i like them, all i see are people giving props for wheels?! i mean wheels alone dont make a car pimped. makes it look nicer, but not the typical "ohh my god thats the tightest IS iv seen yet" i mean cmon?!

not trying to hate, but seriously...just say, you really waxed your car well today! best wax job ever.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i knew a guy with an integra, he took it to the shop and they looked at it for a few weeks than started to custom design a widebody. if you goto a shop that has done widebody (most widebodys need custom install anyways) they might be able to help you, the worst they could say is no. but i do know of a few socal shops that have done widebodys from a blank canvas. good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts