Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a HKS F con v Pro ecu and hasnt shipped but reading more into it they mostly are dealer tuned ecu's and wondering if i could still self tune or get a standalone ecu but which one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you know any perfect Standalone ecus for it? Been looking but can't seem to strike.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
I personally will be buying the megasquirt 3 here in the next month or so and tuning myself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a Haltech 2000 with plug and play harness for my 2001 IS. Their software has short term and long term learning trims, then you can apply those trims to your main fuel/ignition tables. After a while you get it dialed in pretty nice. Of course you'l need to pay to have a tuner tune the engine up from the base tune. Once they get it tuned in you can start playing with it and learn to make your own changes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I just found out that haltech doesn't provide any kind of base map support, so don't expect any help from them getting the base map setup. They offer a few base maps for stock motors, but almost nobody puts a standalone on a stock motor. They wont help with removing the DBW or adjusting for 1000cc injectors to get my car started. Just something to note for future purchases.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts