Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to mount a 7" lcd screen in my dash tray And run it to a dvd/vcd player that I will be installing in my glove compartment. I would greatly appreciate some pictures of this type of install. From what I understand they will drill a hole into my dash tray so they will be able to run power to the screen. The problem with this is, when I sell the car I will have to replace that entire piece. Is there any other way to run power to the lcd screen without damaging the OEM dash tray. I do not have the jdm tray just the stock lint tray. Lastly what is the cheapest GPS unit I can buy to run the lcd.

Thanks

·
8,849 Posts
The holes are drilled in the "lint collector" piece that has cloth on it. I had no problem removing my GPS (Garmin GPS V) unit from that area and trading the car in. The holes were not that visible. In worst case, another piece of cloth can be applied to cover up the holes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.