Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

just looking to find out how many chicago people are out there driving the IS.

Maybe we could set up a seperate chat area to talk about chicago crap

thanks

GREAT BOARD

IS RRRUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

·
Registered
650 Posts
I agree we should have alittle Chicago IS meet, but we should wait for the Spring time to come...

[This message has been edited by MAmornIS (edited November 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, we should get together this spring.
i pick up my Black on black on monday and i cant wait.

we about are you in chicago?

im around central and addison

i was also thinkin of yellow but decided on the black. yellow is soooooo swwweeettttt

later

·
Registered
666 Posts
Wazzup here, also from Chicago area.

lemme know when you guys want to meet. Perhaps we could all meet before it snows (if there's enough of us out there)?
How about Hooters in Schaumburg?
---------
Paul 18s, Alum Dash, Factory Spoiler

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WAZZUP

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS OF THE ALUMINUM DASH KIT OR I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO MEET SO I COULD TAKE A LOOK AT IT, I REALLY WANT TO GET ONE BUT I DONT KNOW HOW IT LOOKS

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

THANKS

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have a Silver IS3,

from around 26th St. and Wenworth

about 30:00 to 45:00 away from Schaumburg

lets keep this going...

anyway, i bought it from McGrath Lexus near downtown

Ka

·
Registered
650 Posts
I work @ O'Hare, but live in Addison. Woodfield is about 10mins from me. I got the carbon fiber int. I'd like to compare which looks better. Aluminum or carbon fiber....Hooters sounds good to me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey I'm from the north suburbs of chitown. I've had my black on black for 3 months now. I just ordered the aftermarket rear lip from rmm. I tinted it out and cops don't seem to care. Added sub that's it for now. Let's all meet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just wanted to know. What are you guys doing for the typical Chicago winter. I'm thinking of driving the reliable camry but I don't want to give up the IS for the winter months. Any suggestions about tires?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello chicago people....just got my IS last saturday. I live right next to O'hare so anytime you guys wanna meet i'm there.
Hey wazzup, what factory spoiler did you get? I got my IS from woodfield lexus and they had an IS with a spoiler that looked similar to the RMM lip one. Is that the kind you have?

------------------
'01 Graphite Grey Pearl

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have the Pirelli all season tired put on by the dealer, McGrath Lexus near downtown.

I know the all season tired are not that good compared to summer tires in the summer, but I hate leaving the IS in the garage for the duration of 1-2 weeks

Ka

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sup guyz. I also got the factory spoiler. It looks like the spoilers that are on some GS300s and 400s. I like it. I live in the Northwest burbs. Lets set a date to meet up. As for winter, my IS is going into storage and i'll be driving around my little Crx (after a do another engine swap on him).

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah guys we should set up a time and place where we all can meet, shoot the sh%& and stuff.

anyone have pics of aluminum dash kit installed, im looking to get it but i want to see it.

later

·
Registered
666 Posts
Mccarlin, here's some old pics of my IS300 and the Alum Dash http://members.aol.com/cecjun1/IS300

I recently saw a black carbon fiber kit on a Black IS300 with black interior..now that looked really sweet.

Rberga1, I saw that RMM lip spoiler. Wish I would have gotten that instead...looks much cleaner.

weez300, As for winter tires I went with cheap Sport Valores wrapped in Blazzak MZ 01s from tire rack.

Now for this little get together. When, what time and where???

Here's another thought:
Next Saturday or Sunday, Nov 11th or 12th.
High noon so we can take pics and post em here.

As for the place, I originally thought of Hooters, but was thinking that waiting for tables and eating there would take too long. I'd rather be bull$hiting outside and taking pictures. So how about a place where food service is quick? like McDonalds or Portillo's or something. ohh how about that 50's style Mcdonalds in Chicago?

I dunno, someone decide it and I'll show up where ever. I just think someplace with quick eats would be better. Either way I'm game.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks WAZZUP the pictures look sweeeeeettt

i have the black on black IS so i think im definatly getting the Dash kit. Where did you get it and for how much???????

Mcdonalds sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!

but the one downtown is a bitc* to get to on the weekends (damn tourists) so maybe the 50's style one in gurnee mills might work.
or just any mcdonalds in a central location will work just fine.

someone come up with a date and time and dont forget to bring the CAMERAS to post!!!

later guys

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey wazzup....great pics. Where did you get it done? How much $? Do you know if they stuck the pieces on top like a sticker or did they remove the pieces and replace them?

·
Registered
666 Posts
weez300,
The dealer did it for me. I don;t recall exactlt how much cuz the rims and dash and wing came straight from the dealer.

Of coarse you'll get a better deal outside of a dealership. Anytime dealers get to add aftermarket stuff they jack up the prices big time. But that's ok I used stock options to get the car. Saw it, wanted it badly, then bought it!

Hey you live around Lincolnwood mall? I used to rip around there all the time when I had my riced out Eclipse spyder. Used to run up and down McCormick ave all the time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey wazzup....Thanks for the info. I wonder how they did it. I want to get the carbon fiber one. We'll see. Anyhow, yeah I live right next to the mall off of Pratt and McCormick. Where do you live now? Are you going to do anything else to your car? I'm thinking of the rmm intake but I'll wait for more info. Oh yeah, where did you get your car from? Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts