Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we purchased the halo kit from AAC but after reviewing the instructions we are too afraid to try and do it ourselves (they have been sitting on the floor of our living room for a month with all the other "awaiting install" pieces haha). So I am trying to find a shop who will be willing to install them. The shop we have been using didn't feel comfortable doing the install because of the difficulty of making sure the headlight gets sealed back up properly.

I know I can ship my headlights to AAC and they will install them, but the IS is our only vehicle and we can't afford to go a week (or more) without headlights. I was considering contacting AAC to see if they could install them same-day if I drove out there, but it is kind of far (8+ hours).

Does anyone know of a shop in San Antonio or Houston (or really anywhere closer than 8 hours away!) who has done this install before (and done it right)? I really appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thanks so much.

-Jamie

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Dude, it's not that hard. It will take you an hour at max if you have all your stuff together.

Just set a time, when nothing is planned... Look at the video they have on youtube and the AAC website on how to install the halos, and follow them. You don't have to bake your headlights like they show in the clip but just play around. It'll be worth it, it's quite fun as well. I helped my buddy. Simple!:p

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Reactions: BigJoeD

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you really want to get a shop to do it, and wouldnt mind a drive, i would recomend Jotech Motorsports. They are located just off of 635, and are a HKS dealer as well so you could get your dragger II exhaust while your there. This is the only place I take my IS when I needed to get my mods indtalled. They are also the timely-est shop I know, completeintg everything when they said they would.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts