Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of their IS w/o either the front or rear bumper or both? I would like to see what it looks like under the bumper covers. Please post.

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some guy had the picture on his website it shows his pre-installation of his Lsportline kit and it showed his car with out the bumper. Do a search and you should find it, hope that helps.

·
2,909 Posts
Click on my link below, right now I have the rear pic posted. I will try to post the front on the web page also. That is as big a picture that I can make it with their web page program. Read my instructions on the web page to be able to make the pic(s) larger. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with and I'll try my best to help.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot.

I'm trying to figure out what's underneath so that I can figure out what mods need to be made to the bumper spoiler I'm planning to use.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
i think i can get pics of the front online tonight if you can wait.

·
2,909 Posts
I'm going to try and post a pic, not sure if it'll work, geocities has a way to block people from posting pics.

·
2,909 Posts
And to think, I never knew I could post my pics this way! Geeperzzzzz!!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
there's insulator under the bumper. it's basically foam stuff covering the actual metal support. I know because i had to get my rear bumper replaced.

·
2,909 Posts
Risk: I hope you got to see the pics earlier, they were up and running on this post. I had a feeling it would get "shut off" somehow, geocities must have a program that knows when pics are being posted somewhere else other than their site. If you did not see them yet I will try to post it again for you. Maybe if you told me a time of day you will check this post to see the pics, then maybe you'll be able to see it before it gets "shut off" by geocities. I hope that might help you a little bit, let me know what you would like to do.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all board members who provided info.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to either see the posted photos or access the links to the photos.

Instead, I sent PMs to some of you w/my email address.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Still can't get them online. I'm on 28.8 I'll get them as soon as I can if I have them.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does the foam under the bumper skin attach to the bumper or the the metal structure attached to the car. I particularly need information and photographs of the front of the car.

Thanks.

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Risk3233 ]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts