Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The L-tuned kit is painted and ready to go, added some PIAA fogs, but one little problem...I'm having trouble finding 2 things:

1. The plastic screw receiver tabs that mount the side skirts and
2. The "t" shaped rubber trim gasket (also called a weather strip?) for the side skirts. The gasket that's on there now *could* be used with some work, but it's stretched out and not the greatest--I think it would look much better with a new one.

I've tried automotive stores, even went to the parts dept. at the dealer and had them call TRD...but no luck. I've also searced around online.

Has anyone tried to replace these items--if so, where did you find them? Any leads to finding these things would be appreciated. ;)

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
try asking for celica sideskirt gaskets at the dealer. apparently TRD ran out some time a few months ago.

for the plastic tabs, i think you can find usable replacements at an auto store. otherwise, find another one on your car and describe that part to the parts guy at your dealer.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
brother man, you can use the same plastic tabs that screws the bottom of the front bumper to the underbody panel! You can get em at your local lexus dealer and they fit and work just the way the instructions describe. They're not expensive either so TRUST ME ON THIS ONE coz that's what I used for my sideskirts!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked with Toyota and they said that the gasket only comes with the body kit, that they don't offer it separately. They gave me a number to a custom shop, but they didn't have it either. I can't believe no shop has this with all the body kits out there. :pissed:

I will take a look at the front bumper tonight, but I could have sworn those were smaller. The side holes are about 1" in diameter--even the Lexus parts guy was surprised at how large they were. But I'll take a look--I hope you're right. :)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota has black gaskets...you better call quick.
He'll also might have some mounting hardware for you...so inquire,

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
happysmp said:
Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota has black gaskets...you better call quick.
He'll also might have some mounting hardware for you...so inquire,
Thanks happysmp--I will call this morning. :)

Also, I checked the front bumper mounts--the receivers are completely different than the sides...I'd be interested to see how someone got their sideskirts on with the side-mount receivers when there's no metal to mount them to. :suspiciou

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
hmmm, I'm not quite sure what metal u're refering to. Do u have an actual copy of the L-Tuned sideskirt installation instructions? coz it says to poke a hole in the thick rubber like area under the car, then insert a plastic clip/tab so that the sideksirt can be held up by the screw against the under body side of the car. I'm supposed to reinstall my left sideskirt so I'll take a pic this weekend...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts