Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the way mycar looks and handles jus wish it had more balls and untill the ECU can be broken there just isn't anyway of getting some serious HP outa my350, I almos traded It in this past weekend for an EVO. But backed outa the deal last minute. So I'm thinkin bout a 2JZ swap. I know it's been done but does anyone know a shop that will do it and have it work and look good?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not planing on doing it myself that's what I asked for a shop name.. I know it's a big job

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
and i'm telling you.. if only one guy has done it (where everything works right).. then i doubt any shops will know otherwise there would be a lot of success stories.. get it?

·
S*A*G*E
2,875 Posts
Quote from that thread

thanks dex.:)

and as far as the build goes, its not the cost of the parts that is alot to do this swap, its the labor. There is probably only about 13-15k in parts. But as for the work, Lance said he MIGHT consider doing it again, but for atleast 30k for just labor not including parts.
With those numbers, you can probably pick up a IS300 shell and put the GTE into that and call it a day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just to complicated a project. I guess people with 350s have enough hp for what they do with em. The only option I have for a faster Lexus is get an IS-F. Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Love the way mycar looks and handles jus wish it had more balls and untill the ECU can be broken there just isn't anyway of getting some serious HP outa my350, I almos traded It in this past weekend for an EVO. But backed outa the deal last minute. So I'm thinkin bout a 2JZ swap. I know it's been done but does anyone know a shop that will do it and have it work and look good?
if you were in jacksonville florida i would do the swap for you. and make it look like factory.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Man just trade your car but not for an evo get like a bmw 335i, you keep the brand status, and with a juice box mod ($500) you will gain around 100hp making it around 380-400hp.

Lance, is the man who pulled off the first IS250 2jz swap and it took around 200hours+ labor ALONE!! calculating the price of parts and labor, just buying a faster platform will be the better choice. Being unique is priceless but i dont think it should go that far lol. Just my opinion dont shoot me :cool:

ORRRRR as another option i believe THE-IS (laces son) threw out a price tag of 45k (dont quote me on this) if someone where to want to buy their 2J-250

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think lances son lowered the price to 30 something grand I would hop on that asap but I like to keep my is300 n my wife is driving the 250 so...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts