Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.

My most sincere pardon in advance for coming to your area and invading it with a non related post, but I felt that perhaps some informed person here might could assist me with my delima.

Ive been looking for sites that are lexus enthusiasts for a few days now and the main one ive seem to find is yours, so I thought perhaps it would be best to ask her.

I’ve been a member of the dsm(diamond star motors) camp for about 7 years now, racing the talons/eclipses at drag races/autocrosses and been an avid enthusiast for a long time now, quite experienced in the engine and most of the accepted ways of making hp.

Well, my racing days are done and ive been looking to aquire a different car to enjoy. Ive had my eye set on a 95/96 SC300 or SC400 (sorry, just cant afford something worthwhile like the IS300) for some time now, but ive not been able to find any websites with good specific info on various things like engines, mods, general information, etc.. certainly nothing to rival the dsm.org and vfaq.com ive been used to for several years now.

Can you point me in the direction of any good sites for information on these cars? Anything at all would be welcome, just trying to increase my knowledge of them so that I can understand what im getting into. Not really looking for mod information as much as general specifics ie recalls, problems, things to watch for, things to expect, freebie mods (like thatll happen), etc..

Thank you in advance and my pardon for coming to your home with this out of topic post.

Phalse
95 GST 12.67 @112mph

·
Registered
178 Posts
have you considered the Supra TT - cheaper, easier to get parts, mod and upgrade - and the engines more flexible.... just a suggestion...

Originally posted by Phalse:
Greetings.

My most sincere pardon in advance for coming to your area and invading it with a non related post, but I felt that perhaps some informed person here might could assist me with my delima.

Ive been looking for sites that are lexus enthusiasts for a few days now and the main one ive seem to find is yours, so I thought perhaps it would be best to ask her.

I’ve been a member of the dsm(diamond star motors) camp for about 7 years now, racing the talons/eclipses at drag races/autocrosses and been an avid enthusiast for a long time now, quite experienced in the engine and most of the accepted ways of making hp.

Well, my racing days are done and ive been looking to aquire a different car to enjoy. Ive had my eye set on a 95/96 SC300 or SC400 (sorry, just cant afford something worthwhile like the IS300) for some time now, but ive not been able to find any websites with good specific info on various things like engines, mods, general information, etc.. certainly nothing to rival the dsm.org and vfaq.com ive been used to for several years now.

Can you point me in the direction of any good sites for information on these cars? Anything at all would be welcome, just trying to increase my knowledge of them so that I can understand what im getting into. Not really looking for mod information as much as general specifics ie recalls, problems, things to watch for, things to expect, freebie mods (like thatll happen), etc..

Thank you in advance and my pardon for coming to your home with this out of topic post.

Phalse
95 GST 12.67 @112mph

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
of course. That is an import modders dreamcar.
Regretably, supra tt's in good shape tend to be about 4-6k more for a 96, plus the fact that the insurance is nearly double.. its about 220ish here for a 95/95 supra tt, vs 110 for a SC300.

Phalse

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
i believe there was an article about an sc300 that was turbocharged in either turbo magazine or super street. very recently.
it was either the august issues or september issues. that may help you in your journey.
good luck!

marlon

------------------
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
There is a member on this forum with a turbocharged SC300. Done by Toyomoto in Miami, same people who offer a kit for the IS now...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

1 - 5 of 5 Posts