Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up ppl i live in NY long island and im looking for a is300 stick shift (must be stick) . i need to buy from a dealer couse i will be getting a loan for the purchase.i did a search on autotrader , cars.com and ebay and i found a whole wooping 4 is300 that where stick within a 50 mile range of my home.2 had over 100k and the others where bad color combos and very overpriced.if anyone has seen any at a local dealer please let me know.

·
Banned
101 Posts
Hey I am in RI and going to be selling my IS. It is a 2002 Intensa Blue Pearl 5-Speed manual with factory Navigation and LSD. My friend financed a car he bought private party in the past. The bank just needs verification of the vehicle, usually a copy of the title or something and they only let you borrow what the kbb or edmunds value is. It has 95K miles but mostly highway and just had the timing belt service done by the Lexus dealer. Let me know if you are interested.

If you are not interested no big deal...I wish you luck. They are hard to come by and a great car. Took me almost 8 months to find mine since I wanted a blue 5-speed and navigation.

·
Registered
417 Posts
whats up ppl i live in NY long island and im looking for a is300 stick shift (must be stick) . i need to buy from a dealer couse i will be getting a loan for the purchase.i did a search on autotrader , cars.com and ebay and i found a whole wooping 4 is300 that where stick within a 50 mile range of my home.2 had over 100k and the others where bad color combos and very overpriced.if anyone has seen any at a local dealer please let me know.
I got mine from toyota in riverhead.. also there is a ghetto dealership and I've seen a couple stick is300s there. I was advised not to buy there though. Its on main street I think..across from the polish town area. Good luck. I just happened to get lucky and found one when I wasn't even looking.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
get a loan from the bank and buy mine. its 5 speed and turbo'd.

·
Registered
526 Posts
took me forever to find mine, i had to go to indiana to get one
yeah like wise i look for about 5 months and had to drive 300miles over the pass in december to get my 5spd.

open your search up a little more if you can then 50miles from your location. I found most dealerships have auto's. you sure you cant get from a private party. i got a loan from the bank and bought private party.

best of luck!

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Mike you selling your car?
yeah. it was for sale, then i took it down becuase every buyer wa sa deadbeat and couldnt come up with funds when they were supposed to pickup the car. so its still for sale right now, but im also going to do more work and enjoy it until someone comes up with the money. of course the price will go up as i do more work

·
Registered
235 Posts
Good luck! I went searching everywhere on the net for mine. I was very specific in finding one with a manual, LSD, full leather, heated seats, and nav. I ended up finding it on eBay in PA with low miles and an awesome price.

It took me about 2-3 weeks to find one I wanted and not all the way across the country.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
First one I found was the one I bought. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
mine has 86k miles. all the stuff in my sig plus a set of megan headers that i need to put on. needs new tires. i love it but i could part with her for...ooooo....say $16,500 :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i might be looking to sell my 5spd GGP, LSD, Volk wheels, Tein coilovers ect.... for a good price. only 65,000 miles. try to get an NSX. PM me for details or my phone number. Do a search under my screen name and see some pics of my car as well. let me know.
~weiss

1 - 14 of 14 Posts