Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wants to trade trunk lids out.

I’m looking for an even trade with someone that doesn’t have a rear OEM spoiler that wants one.

I have a 02 IS300 MSM and the lid I’m looking to trade is in nearly perfect condition, but I can’t stand the lip and the 3rd break light.

I was going to just remove the spoiler and 3rd break light, but I noticed I would be stuck with 3 holes that would need filling and paint.

Color doesn’t even matter... I don’t mind painting the trunk, I just don’t want to deal bondo and body work.

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Where are you from?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Only if your were GGP I'd be on it....free bump for you... GL

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here’s some pictures... there are 3 very minor blemishes!

Blemish 1... a very small paint chip on the upper left corner just left of the OEM lip. No rust no dent. Just a very small chip.

The other 2 blemishes are on the emblems... not the actual cars. I did a shadow paint job on the emblems that looks sweeeeeeeet, but when Lexus washed my car they pressure washed the car and left 2 little paint chips on the emblems... not that noticeable! Damn Lexus!

other than those small infractions.. the lid and lip are in excelent condition!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An MSM to MSM trade would be preferred, but will to heavily consider other color swaps.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you don't mind painting the trunk, I don't see filling those holes as a big job at all. In fact, you can try those paintless dent removal services, they may be able to fill those holes and touch it up for you for minimal fees.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you don't mind painting the trunk, I don't see filling those holes as a big job at all. In fact, you can try those paintless dent removal services, they may be able to fill those holes and touch it up for you for minimal fees.

Never really thought about that. Just the thought of having "filled" holes on my truck makes me cringe, but I guess a little research won't hurt.

Plus, Ive heard removing the wing is a BITCH and could do more harm than good.

thanks for your input!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the input... this may be a closed deal as of tuesday!!

ill keep you posted.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you decide to tell id buy it from! If you were in Houston id swap it with you no questions asked! Let me know what you decide im on aim pogodamonkey112.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys... this is a closed deal. MSM to MSM swap!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
hmm i like the lip think it looks better, but only when its oem.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I love the lip spoiler. I'm glad I have it on my second IS300. My first one didn't have it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts