Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an authentic trd kit. Does anyone know where I might find one, or a good polyurethane replica that fits just as well with my usdm bumper? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'll soon have an authentic TRD rear lip for sale It's MSM in color, no good close up pics but I should have it available in about a week or two.

as tobiassing mentioned though...are you looking for a real kit for JDM bumpers or a replica kit to fit USDM bumpers? just know most replicas(even the good ones) will require quite a bit of work to look proper ait, duraflex & VIS are the only ones I'd reccomend off the top of my head but I think they're fiberglass, avoid the ebay generic polyurethane kits...very thin/soft and doesn't fit well at all(think of it as a slightly nicer & more formed version of the DIY home depot graden edging)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At this point in my searching, I really don't care.

As long as it fits well and is polyurethane, the TDR kit looks really clean and follows the cars lines better than any others I've found. I plan on getting vertex fenders, and like the vertex front but it isn't poly. The TDR kit would probably work best for what I'm doing. I would prefer to just keep the rear bumper that I have. It seems like I'm going to be in for $2,500+ before I even fit and paint (If I can find a full kit). I want to know if there are other options out there in poly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'll soon have an authentic TRD rear lip for sale It's MSM in color, no good close up pics but I should have it available in about a week or two.

as tobiassing mentioned though...are you looking for a real kit for JDM bumpers or a replica kit to fit USDM bumpers? just know most replicas(even the good ones) will require quite a bit of work to look proper ait, duraflex & VIS are the only ones I'd reccomend off the top of my head but I think they're fiberglass, avoid the ebay generic polyurethane kits...very thin/soft and doesn't fit well at all(think of it as a slightly nicer & more formed version of the DIY home depot graden edging)
Is it TRD for USDM rear or JDM?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
The front Elegant Sports lip that fits the USDM bumper is extremely rare, and usually pops up for around $500-$600+. I think I've seen 2 or 3 for sale since 2006. If you've got your heart set on that lip in PolyU, I'd recommend getting a JDM bumper, modded US crash bar...JDM crash bar...or no crash bar, and an authentic lip. Going that route will be much easier.

The sides are the same, so JDM will fit without issue. Just make sure you get the white mounting clips since they seem to be impossible to find.

Like the front bumper, the JDM bumper is shorter than its USDM counterpart. Therefore, a JDM rear lip will not fit a USDM bumper. I know there was a poly rear lip on ebay, but I don't know how well it fit. Finding an authentic L-Tuned rear lip (made for USDM/CAN) may present a challenge, but it's not impossible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts