Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i get more details on brands you have?

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently looking for some spacers as well.
Yup, this is where i am at. I was looking at universal spacers. I dont feel comfortable putting spacers on, let alone no name brand.

·
Registered
765 Posts
In my opinion almost any hubcentric spacer is fine. For 5mm you should be fine on the stock studs, I think 10mm and up they do offer spacers with built in studs. Just make sure anything you get is hubcentric so its centered on the wheel hub.

In the past I used 25mm H&R hubcentric spacers with built in studs on my rsx and they were great. Had no vibrations or anything of the sort.

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have the 10mm Ichiba v1 slip on spacers. I bought them from a local guy and didnt come with extended studs. I was also going to buy new 5mm Ichiba kit that comes with extended studs. However, i am stumped if the Ichiba extended studs are spacer specific, or same length for all their spacers? I know, 10mm Ichiba spacer kit with extended studs are the same length for 15mm slip ons from the research i found.

My local autozone has the 5mm spacer i am wanting, but they are not hub centric. Since the hub centric is still protruding from the spacer, will i be fine using it? From the looks of the spacer, the bore is bigger. Is that a big concern, since the wheel will be sitting on the hub centric of the hub?

I was looking at H&R spacers as well. Where is a good source to pick them up?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
765 Posts
If your wheel still sits on the wheel hub with the spacer on then you should be fine. The way I've seen shops use non-hubcentric spacers is by centering the spacer on the hub, put some tape to hold it in place and then put the wheel on. Once the wheels are tightened remove the tape and the spacer should be centered. You want it to be centered so it doesn't cause any unwanted vibrations when you're driving.

This is only for thin spacers though, 5mm or less. For 10mm spacers I would definitely get extended studs, or get a spacer with the studs already built in.

Other option if you want to use the cheap non-hubcentric spacer is to get a very thin hubcentric ring to put in between the spacer and wheel hub so it's centered. I have some hubcentric rings to center my rpf1s on the hub and they were only $10 for all four from discount tire.

When I brought my H&R spacers I got them from the clubrsx store which is now known as kseriesparts. There's plenty of other vendors, but at the time I just happened to be a rsx owner and decided to support the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts