Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a royal blue IS350 for daily driver duty. That color is an absolute must, I'm in love with it. I can give or take the F-Sport package.

So, is 106k miles too high, especially for that amount of money? Should I wait out for a blue one with lower miles? Is it rare to find an IS350 F-Sport in this color, would I wait months and months for another one to pop up? I just fell in love with this car on sight, maybe I should be more patient, but maybe I shouldn't let this color/package combo get away.

At 106k, is this still a reliable car I can put another 75k trouble free miles on? I would change the spark plugs and transmission fluid, but I can only justify this if it's more reliable than my Altima with similar mileage.

I'm in Houston so if anybody has a line on any lower mileage examples, I'm super interested.

·
Mr. Roo
9,678 Posts
I don't think anyone here will know how this car compares to an Altima, since we mostly focus on the early IS300 here, but if the older ISs are any indication of the newer ones, you should be able to get 200k on the IS350 easy with basic maintenance. The rest is up to your preference. I'd look online at car-selling places like cars.com and see what is available on the entire site/country to get an idea for prices and availability and options to see how what you found compares, and if you should jump on it or wait. IMO, cars are never something to buy on "impulse buy". Rather, if you find you are still in love with the car later, and it's still available, then it's a more stable purchase, and with the extra time on the market, maybe you can even get it for cheaper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a 2011 IS250 AWD off of craigslist in Houston for $5600 130000 miles. Get it inspected and drive tested first if you need to make sure that the transmission fluid has been changed recently. without records, the dealership will not touch it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts