Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been looking at this is300 for the past couple weeks cause its interesting for the price and ive been going through forums so ig i know a bit of what to look for but id rather have you guys judge the car by the ad first so i can have an even better specifically for this car.
This is the ad ( https://www.kijijiautos.ca/vip/4825587/?ll=43.8,-79.417 ) and im at a stuck point on figuring out if id want to by it after i look at it.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
The steel wheels are a real turn off. Nearly 170K miles. It's due for a timing belt replacement. Then again it's pretty cheap.

Do you know how to work on cars? Are you planning on learning? I wouldn't buy this unless you intend to do your own maintenance and repair.

It would be a fine car for me. I can do all the maintenance myself. If I had to pay someone else to maintain it, I might think twice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm 100% going to try to do as much as I can myself trying to learn before I go back into a shop, used to work at one that I got connected to through co-op. One thing that is always turning me off the cars are the pinch welds being almost shot. These are some of the photos that I took today that I feel like would help make a decision

Attachments

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
One thing that is always turning me off the cars are the pinch welds being almost shot.
The jack points on these cars are universally awful. It's one of my pet peeves too. I haven't quite managed to pull out the welder and weld real jack points into place yet. I'm tempted too each time I place the jack stands.

The rust doesn't seem that bad for a northern 18 year old car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts