Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, do all Lexus' have the ECU/Trac problem? My dad's LS430 has the same problems you do and he was wondering if anyone here could help him out, he bought from Longo Lexus but the Service Manager says he "knows nothing about it" and my dad "just has to live with it b/c that's just the way it is." Bullsh*t. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
From what I've heard from my service rep. Yes. He had a memo about the hesitation that seems to infect the line of lexus'.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
306 Posts
Could this be the problem (taken from NHTSA):

Service Bulletin Number: SS00101
Bulletin Sequence Number: 190
Date of Bulletin: 0103
NHTSA Item Number: SB619115
Make: LEXUS
Model: LS430
Year: 2001
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION:ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT
Summary: SUBJECT REGARDING ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING PROCESS. *TT

Sounds similar to the IS300 ECU reprogramming.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have IS300 and I had same problem. But as i drove for while and pass 6,000 miles i didn't have any problem. Somebody told me that the car needs some time to learn the driving style of the driver. Don't know if this make sense

·
Registered
82 Posts
My Folks have an LS 430 too!:)

also a LS 400

I don't think they have had any problems though. That LS 430 is one sweet damn ride though!

<:(((><IEST1

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do they have the Ultra-Luxury version? Oh my god, that one is so sweet, it gives me massages

·
Registered
371 Posts
ya, somehow that problem is gone as i drove over 4600km. no hesitation now. i am not sure if i still want to do the update or not.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
My dad also has the new LS430, with every possible option (yes, even the rear seat massagers). So far he's had no problems with his car, and their service has been excellent. I personally love the new LS430...I've even grown to like the styling.
Maybe when he's done with it, he'll give it to me.
Oh, btw, don't any of you try to mess with one of these beasts...the LS430 can wup our IS300 asses any day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Future, yeapers that one!

Hasan, It may beat my 2001 but it wont beat the my 2002 I just ordered with stick, exhaust and intake! Well, I hope to hell not! :)

< :(((><iest1

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: Fishiest1 ]

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Well, the LS430 goes from 0-60 in about 6.3 seconds. Pretty fast for a car this size. And yes, it's very easy to smoke the wheels.
I too am on the list for a 2002 Red IS300M.
I sold my 2001 a while back when they announced the Manual option. My intended mods, which will surely give me an edge over most rivals (S4s, E46 M3s, CL-Ss, etc.), are a TRD Supercharger, HKS exhaust, SRT intake, and a few others along the way. I'm getting every option on the IS, including the leather seating and Navigation system. I wonder why VSC is not an option for the Manual version. But anyhow, I'm not too concerned about Winter traction, since I have my beloved Supercharged 2001 4Runner for that.
Anyways, I can't wait for my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts