Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello everyone

ive been here for awhile but i havent decided to make a profile until now. ive got a 2001 black auto car, and ive added a couple of things to it.
- megan racing front upper strut bar
-compustar keyless/remote start ( WORKS PERFECT )
-memphis prx602 front speakers
-pioneer rear deck speakers
-kicker compr 12 inch / ported box
-kicker cax800.1 amp
-pioneer double din radio
-led interior lights
-used armrest from ebay
- delrin black shift knob
-Work Emotion T7R
-Bc Racing Coilovers

when i first got this car it had 105k on it and now its close to 112k, and replaced a couple of faulty parts. the vvti sensor went bad after the first fill up, then my rear brakes went out, and lastly im still getting the check engine light for a evap leak i cant find . besides that i like the car, but desperate to do more to it. :surprise:

I CANT fix the 2 photos but theres just a sample of my car

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
im still getting the check engine light for a evap leak i cant find .
There is a well known failure point on top of the fuel tank. There is a fuel tank over-fill check valve that likes to crack, causing that generic P0440 trouble code.

The part is cheap, but accessing it is a bummer. To do it right, you'll need to remove the whole rear subframe of the car, so the fuel tank can be lowered out of the chassis. Once the tank is out, the checkvalve can be swapped over, and the whole thing reassembled.

Many folks chop a hole in floor of the car, under the rear passenger seat bottom on the passenger side:

Reference posts 29 and 36 in this thread: https://www.my.is/forums/f115/01-is300-p0440-pic-433853/index3.html

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, the newest of these cars are now 14 years old - so the knowledge-base is rather mature. Finding what you need is the challenging part.

If I might make a suggestion: if you don't already know, you can use the google machine to search this forum (or any other forum) specifically. For example, if I were interested in replacing wheel bearings:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally got around to getting my Works on and my Bc Coilovers. still dialing in the front setup. THE SNAPCHAT picture is before the suspension settled even more.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that looks like it's cutting it pretty close! Any rubbing or scraping? Lots of poke there
the front rear clears fine after the fender roll job , but my front rubs some. i can either camber the front to match the rear. or i could run a less aggressive setup to cure the poke. I PLAN to camber the front some not much to cure the look, and increase vertical clearance. below is a quick pic from todays rainy day shoot of it

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts