Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to do this? I've read on the net that the newer Halwin software has a setting where you can convert the 0-5v signal from the UEGO to read a wideband o2 readout on the E6X and it will log. I really need to do this.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Go question I need to know that was well

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
it's in my tutorial.

Gray shielded wire (orange inside)

Then you change a setting in the software to enable it.
Log it during your logging stuff.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
MKIV98TT said:
oh...sophiesleeps...already answered. I was too slow to reply.
Sup man, how's your car running?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
MKIV98TT said:
running really well with the E-Manage Ultimate. How's your ride?
Doing well. Switched over to a standalone, wider wheels, other shttuf

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
MKIV98TT said:
I'm with www.innovatemotorsports.com

We supply Haltech with our wideband controller for use with the new autotune/logging features.

I'll email my guy at Haltech AU to find out exactly what you need to do.
Autotune? In the E6X?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Screw autotuning.

·
Registered
635 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
it's in my tutorial.

Gray shielded wire (orange inside)

Then you change a setting in the software to enable it.
Log it during your logging stuff.

make sure that none of the shieding wire strands get soldiered in with the main wire or it wont work. mine wasnt logging and that was why.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
Screw autotuning.

I wouldn't screw it for non-boost driving... sounds like a deal to me.

If it's done well, it's basically just the open/closed loop system your car already uses.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it would be fine to use while not boosting also, but past a certain throttle % it needs to go away.....

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Bumpage... finally got around to setting mine up this w/e... with no luck.

Scenario:
Grey shielded wire Spliced into b2s2 OEM o2 sensor
Sensor 0-1v
Sensor type normal
Ign in On position, engine off
Haltech software reads 296mv

Grey shielded wire completely disconnected, no input V
Sensor 0-1v
Sensor type normal
Haltech software reads ~450mv (WTF, I expected 0 with the wire disconnected)

Grey shielded wire connected to analog 0-5v out of my Zeitronix
Sensor 0-5v
Sensor type Bosch
Haltech software reads 5000mv (WTF, multimeter test of the wire itself shows 2600mv)

Tried all the various software settings and couldn't get it to read what the multimeter reads when testing the wire I'm connecting to grey shielded. Also, can't get it to read 0mv ever...

A short in the shielding somewhere? I was about to just cut all the wires and leave it that way. ;)

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Well, finally got it working... you also have to set Setup->Input/Output Setup-> Spare Input Function = O2 Sensor.

Actually... I don't know if thats what fixed it or not, because it didn't fix right away... it randomly fixed after I got sick of it, went upstairs, then came back down to the garage. Sometime in between now and then the Haltech decided to start reading what I was giving it.

Oh, and FUCK the O2 closed loop control. All it wants to do is dump fuel... ignoring my target voltage. I swear it's giving me thefinger when I ask it to stay near 14.7:1 under 25% throttle... all is does is dump fuel. Off to read haltech forums.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Mirroring my posts over on the Hal forums here for reference. Gotmy closed loop working this weekend... will see how it effects gas mileage.

At first, it wasn't working... would only add fuel, even when already running rich:

E6X Halwin 1.26 Supercharged Lexus IS300
Zeitronix Wideband, Bosch 0-5v o2 sensor

Wired up everything for closed loop operation today, after much ado finally got the Halwin software to display the o2 output from the wideband correctly.

Enabled closed loop, above 700 rpm, under 25% throttle, above 175* F. 0-5v, bosch wideband sensor

Target voltage was 2700... the reading in the haltech when my external wideband display said 14:7...

Problem is, the X doesn't seem to care about the tagret voltage... all it does is dump the max fuel all the time (according to the halwin text data display and my external wideband display.)

If the voltage is under 2700... all I see is dumping 10% fuel. If it's above 2700... it still dumps 10% fuel. If it's exactly 2700... yah... +10% fuel.

No matter what I do I can't get it to do anything other than +10% (or 5% if I change the max to that)... changed through all sensor types, rebooting car in between. Set target voltage ridiculously low, ridiculously high, reset ECU, reload map, etc.

Only time I see anything other than +10% is when I go above 25% throttle... then it instantly drops down to 0% so I know that part is working.

Any ideas? Do I have to sacrifice some sort of chicken and let the car sit for 3 days after enabling closed loop for it to work correctly?
Then we figured it out... silly config problem + less-than-perfect Halwin software (no data verification):

Well, this was one of though "doh! who woulda thought it worked that way" things.

I had:
Max Richening factor: 10
Max lean factor: 10

Based on it's logic, the haltech said... "Whats the maximum amount of fuel I can PULL when I want to go leaner", saw 10 as in POSITIVE 10%... ADDING 10% fuel, and said, "Well, I can't take away any more than adding 10%". So thats what it did.

Switched lean factor to -10, with a negative sign, and it worked like a charm. When it wanted to pull fuel, it said "How much fuel can I pull" saw -10% and was able to REMOVE 10% (Obviously the ECU interprets it as ADDING NEGATIVE FUEL)

Lack of error checking/validation in the halwin software and silly forgettign a single keystroke on my part. Whew

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
^ So how's it working with the auto tune?

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
IceCold4x4 said:
^ So how's it working with the auto tune?
Not really auto-tune... only closed loop fuel management, just like the IS300 ECU hs in the first place.

Still working on the tune a bit. Seems to be working fine, just have to dial some things in. Sometimes at idle it hunts back and forth and can't settle on the right AF... might just hand tune it for idle and only used CL for daily driving

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
dasgalloway said:
Not really auto-tune... only closed loop fuel management, just like the IS300 ECU hs in the first place.

Still working on the tune a bit. Seems to be working fine, just have to dial some things in. Sometimes at idle it hunts back and forth and can't settle on the right AF... might just hand tune it for idle and only used CL for daily driving
I am psyched I can finally read this thing in standard measurements.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts