Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i locked my keys in the boot :(

Car is parked at work a kinda safe but it is a car park

Qutoe from a locksmith to get in was $2500 (AUD) recons he needs to replace the computer. I call BS.

Any one know how to get in? only need to get into the boot!

thanks
Troy

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Hey guys i locked my keys in the boot :(

Car is parked at work a kinda safe but it is a car park

Qutoe from a locksmith to get in was $2500 (AUD) recons he needs to replace the computer. I call BS.

Any one know hoe to get in? only need to get into the boot!

thanks
Troy
Just to make sure....the doors are locked....correct?

Any windows open a little?

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

How much is a new window do you think? Sounds like it might be less than the locksmith. Probably a lot quicker too. Maybe pick one of the smaller back windows as I'd imagine they cost less.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

How much is a new window do you think? Sounds like it might be less than the locksmith. Probably a lot quicker too. Maybe pick one of the smaller back windows as I'd imagine they cost less.
Yeh was thinking of going the window but i have the person with the spare key driving with it tomorrow night.

Just dont like leaving my car places and have no way to get home! damn!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yeh was thinking of going the window but i have the person with the spare key driving with it tomorrow night.

Just dont like leaving my car places and have no way to get home! damn!

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
Double post or not, just what is a boot in Australia?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

on the contrary the back little ones are the most expensive I had to replace one once and it was almost triple the price of a back window....
weird huh.

that sucks about your keys
i was wondering the same thing about the boot and was going to google it. im so glad im not the only one who doesnt know that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
lmao troy!!!!

5 options for us aussies ;) some a lil ridiculous lol

-break in from the top of the door like the NRMA do and start playing with a coat hanger.
-call nrma to do it for u
-smash a window (smallest/cheapest) and pop the boot
-call insurance, pay an extra $20 a year for the accidental windshield damage, then drop a brick on it. get in and pop the boot.
-$300 taxi ride for your spare key

dude you put urself in a deeep mess, lucky you have a boot popper to open it from the cabin (unlike me).

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
After you get your keys out, go down to the dealership and order a wallet key.
Sewell Lexus Parts

·
Registered
610 Posts
I only have my master key and a wallet key. I've been toying with the idea of hiding the key under the car somewhere, especially since I don't carry my wallet around. (I hate having shit in my pockets). Any ideas about the hide-a-key philosophy?

·
Registered
444 Posts
These two tools will get you in to most cars without damage. Since you can open most trunks from inside the car, these are all the locksmith would have needed. I try not to think about how easily obtainable these tools are, but then again locks only keep honest people out.

Pry the door open just enough to slide this in and inflate for the next tool.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Once the gap is big enough, just use this to push the unlock button.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
These two tools will get you in to most cars without damage. Since you can open most trunks from inside the car, these are all the locksmith would have needed. I try not to think about how easily obtainable these tools are, but then again locks only keep honest people out.

Pry the door open just enough to slide this in and inflate for the next tool.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Once the gap is big enough, just use this to push the unlock button.
Tried this HAHA In Aus spec IS300s the unlock button dosnt work (im guessing there is a time out from when the car is locked)

So yeh spent 2 hours tring to get in, no luck. Kinda feel good though cause it means no one else can HAHA

I would get a locky but i have the spare comeing today. Ill order a wallet key asap :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.