Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I don't have a garage to park my Lexus in so it stays outside :-( With the winter here, it's nice to warm up the car and let some of the ice melt from the windshield.

The thing is, I can't figure out how to lock the car while it's turned on and in park. It either beeps at me or automatically unlocks itself. I know it's a safety feature so your key's don't get locked in the car, but I'd prefer it locked while leaving it running in the driveway for 10 minutes.

I've tried to manually lock the doors, use the lock switch, use the lock button on the FOB and the door handle button with the FOB in range and out of range... no luck.

Anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same thing, but the local auto electonics place said it would be...
  • $100 - $150 for a bypass that would work with the car
  • $100 for the remote starter itself
  • $120 for installation
  • I'd have to get another FOB at $280 from the dealer

I really didn't want to spend almost $650 on a remote starter. I'm sure I could find the individual parts cheaper somewhere else but it really doesn't bother me to manually start the car. Oh well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
you can get a viper alarm system w/ remote start for around $500 including install at best buy. i'll probley do it once i tint my windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts