Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup ISers,

I'm almost done with my installation...maybe another week or two, depending on my schedule. I've followed Lisnup's lead and routed the power cable on the passenger side, the audio connects down the middle and all the speaker wiring along the driver's side.

Now, I've built an amp rack to hold a DA D152 with the crossovers just to the left and right of it. The speaker wires going to the crossover that sits to the right of the amp will have to cross the power and ground cable. I can't believe I've gotten this far and totally forgot the rule about about keeping speaker wires away from power cables, DUH!!! :(

My question is, will I definitely have audible interference? I heard/read somewhere that if you must cross these wires, cross them at 90 degrees...true/not true?

In case anyone needs to know, I have diamond hex front stage with hex midbass for rear fill via RAF. Power cable is 4 guage as is the ground cable.

Please advise!

Thanx

·
Registered
150 Posts
You'll really only pick up interference when you run your signal wires along with your power wires together from the head to the tail of the car, especially when you are using cheap wires.

Now, if the wires cross in the truck, at only one instance of the wire. That really wont cause any audible interference. When everything gets runned to the amp side, it's really difficult to keep the wires completely isolated from each other, sometimes you really have no choice but to cross depending on the design of your amp inputs.

But with that said, i'm running 14 guage esoteric audio speaker cables, and 4 gauge power wire... premium cables. But you should be fine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts