Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight on Channel 4 News (WTMJ) in Milwaukee there was a report about a local man who's ebay identity had been stolen and used fraudulently.
Apparently, the e-theives used his information to sell used IS300's fraudulently (ie. accepting money and not shipping the cars).
The pictures they showed had an Intensa Blue with a carbon fiber hood and JDM Altezza headlights. Interesting huh?

[I'll post a link to the story if they post it on their site]

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
:lol: . . . atleast the criminal had the style to use an AWESOME car!

·
Registered
48 Posts
i would never buy anything from ebay, as the company never takes any responsibilty, even though counterfeit goods such as fake dvds are being sold through their website.

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
dela said:
Tonight on Channel 4 News (WTMJ) in Milwaukee there was a report about a local man who's ebay identity had been stolen and used fraudulently.
Apparently, the e-theives used his information to sell used IS300's fraudulently (ie. accepting money and not shipping the cars).
The pictures they showed had an Intensa Blue with a carbon fiber hood and JDM Altezza headlights. Interesting huh?

[I'll post a link to the story if they post it on their site]

That's some serious sh*t! :eek:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
why the hell would you bid on an expensive car like that without checking it out in person or testdriving it.

And then why the hell would you just send money. I would pick the car up in person and then give the money once I was certain the car was in the expected condition.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think they were accepting heavy deposits on the car to "hold" it for the buyers before they "shipped" it to them.

Damn, no weblink to the story... must not have been important enough. :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
dela
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing