Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright my car goes in for service on tuesday and the rep on the phone said I would have a loaner ready for me on arrival. I was all happy because i would be riding an ES/RX for a day but now my friend Dave (KRYPTONIK) who went in for service today just got home in his Automatic Corolla Loaner from the dealer im going to. I mean im not pissed just a little dissapointed. The car doesnt even have power windows or locks :eek: A little below the standards im used to with the IS. So my question is what loaner cars do you guys get?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damnit, if i get a corolla ima throw a fit :pissed: you thin kif i bitch theyll give me an RX/IS/ES?

G

·
0 Posts
Wino_II said:
My car is in for service right now. I got a 2004 RX330. :p
damn, i want to get that as a loaner :cry:
last time i was in for tinting, i got another IS

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mk said:
Wino_II said:
My car is in for service right now. I got a 2004 RX330. :p
damn, i want to get that as a loaner :cry:
last time i was in for tinting, i got another IS
man i wish i had another IS to drive around, my friend got stuck in a corolla and i might be as well :(

·
Registered
277 Posts
When I had my car in for service I got a 2003 RX300, I asked for 2004 RX330 or an IS but they said they didn't have any to loan out. You can request whatever you want but they only have a limited stable of loaner vehicles so sometimes you might not have a choice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
dood-

i went to a brand new service center/parts dept. facility (stand alone from the showroom) just this week for my service. The facility was awesome, real top notch stuff....

I couldnt wait to get behind the wheel of another RX300/330 :p

but they were attracting so many local lexus owners to this joint that they ran outta lexus loaners.!!

...end result, i got a dirty ass buick century from the local Hertz rental :pissed:

now i have to wait another 3 months till i get my next shot at the RX...

·
Registered
592 Posts
It is my understanding that is depends on the dealer as to what loaner car(s) you can get. Before my purchase, I found out the one of the local dealers would loan me another IS for service (if I bought the car from them), while the other has a enterprise representative on site and gives out toyota's.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright just got back from warnock and they gave me a shiny silver american POS..............no not a neon, not a PT Cruiser..........................a freakin Dodge Grand Caravan :oops: its alright though i only have it for like a couple hours, if it were more than id be pissed, just thought i would let you guys know

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm pretty surprised Warnock gave you that. I was there last week and they gave me a RX. I guess since its the summer and so many cars are there, they must be giving out what they can at the time. I always go first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did go first thing (10AM) but i think you have to request a Lex if that is what you want.....if you dont request i think they just give out enterprise cars because even dave got a corolla 9at least mine has a cd changer, AC, and power windows :lol: )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts