Lexus IS Forum banner

Loaner Car

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  paulc 
#1 ·
Does lexus dealer limit the loaner car's mileage? I planned to take it to Vegas when I bring my car in for Check up.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm 27. What does my age has anything to do with my question?
Also, I have no idea that different lexus dealers would have different rules. Even then, I still like to know how other dealers have, if any, limitation on their loaner car I.E. time, mileage and ect. By the way, I sure when anyone posting question, they would like to be reading some reply with answer not question back at them which didn't even have anything to do with .

#4 ·
One time I had an appointment for the brakes on my SC300. I dropped off my car & had an ES300 loaner car.I think it was a Wednesday that I dropped it off & it would be done on Thursday. Anyhow, I got a call that the parts were not in & it would be a wait. I told them that on Friday I'm leaving for New Jersey for a wedding.They said no problem,so I took it to Jersey. I brought the car back after all was done with 700 + miles on it from me, & no one said a thing!That should answer your question.This was August "99"

#5 ·
well i wouldn't be so sure about that. taking it to jersey because your parts weren't in is one thing, but planning a trip to vegas with a loaner car is another animal entirely.

loaner cars are not "extra" cars just sitting on lots. Dealers finance them and make payments on them just like you do on a lease. and like us, if the mileage goes up, the resale value goes down. so it may be a lot to assume that long drives are alright.

#6 ·
I would figure that the dealer should expect that you will live normally with the loaner car. If I had something planned in advanced and my car wasn't ready to pick up, I would go ahead and do what I had planned. If it's a few miles, well, them's the breaks.

#8 ·
Originally posted by merlin3008:
but we're not talking about regular living here. we're talking about specifically PLANNING to coincide with service. very different.
You're right. If you are planning to take advantage of the dealer, that is dishonest.

#10 ·
You're right. If you are planning to take advantage of the dealer, that is dishonest.
Thanks for info ppl but I don't think taking a loaner car for 600mi is dishonesty. I beleive that 's part of service they're there for us. I just don't see y not take compliment service that is provided for u. If dealer see it as abusing, I'm sure they would have permission u with certain mileage. Remember, they're the one that making money here not us and this is Lexus after all

#11 ·
The loaner is part of the service Lexus provides to it's customers. If you want to drive it to Las Vegas, go right ahead.

Unless you sign some contract when you pick up the loaner, requiring you drive less than a specified mileage, then I wouldn't worry about it.

However, what type of service is this? If it's the 1K, 5K, or 10K service, then I believe Lexus would require their car back in 24hrs.

#12 ·
There's no way I'd *plan* to take a loaner car on a long trip, especially Las Vegas. You are still responsible for the car if something happens to it. Accidents, getting stolen, someone trashing it, etc is all your responsibility.

I personally wouldn't do what you are planning to do. Just my 7 cents....

#14 ·
Just last week I had a loaner (ES300) had it from Monday night to Friday night. They never said a thing about mileage or any other restriction. One thing that pissed me off though was that it had about 1/8 tank of gas when they gave it to me. So I made sure it was on empty when they got it back as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.