Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Well I did it, finally! I pick up my SBM with black LS package, Moonroof, LSD, trunk mat, cargo net, and wheel locks on saturday from Lexus of Tacoma. We worked a fair deal, and since the SBM are extremely rare around this area they called me and told me one was in stock, so I dove in.

I know I could have gotten it quite a bit cheaper, (33k + ttl), but I'm having a hard time waiting, plus the time is right since I just got a promotion!

I go down on Sat at about 11:00 to do the paperwork and final check off!!

WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Yea, congrats, you chose a great color combo, same as me!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Great color (although I like silver better). Welcome to the family. I guess you'll be taking the long way home from wherever you are from now on. I bought mine last July and I still take the scenic route whenever I can. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guy's, I know I'm going to have a $hit load of fun!

Don't know what my % on the promotion is yet, I went from senior tech 4 to Electrical Engineer. So I'm hoping it will be significant. Pay hasn't been updated yet, but I'm expecting about 10%, don't know though.

This is so kick-ass!!!!

·
11,061 Posts
Congrats! I'm kinda partial to SBM myself.
You're gonna LUV it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by Kanine21:
I pick up my SBM with black LS package, Moonroof, LSD, trunk mat, cargo net, and wheel locks on saturday from Lexus of Tacoma.
Just curious, I see that you are from Lynnwood. How come you are buying from Tacoma instead of Lexus of Seattle, which is a lot closer to you? Did Tacoma give a better deal, or did Seattle not have the color you wanted? Just wondering so I can go to whoever gives the best deal when I get mine.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OH MY GAWD I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything you guys said was absolutly correct!!!

I couldn't have picked a better color, (IMHO)

I can't believe the brakes on these things! damn!

Anyway, I went to Tacoma because they got the blue in, which is really rare around this area, (mines the ONLY Blue one I've ever seen in person), but the tax was lower at Tacoma because Pierce County tax is 8.5% while Snohomish is 8.8%, so that saved me quite a bit right there, plus Seattle didn't take me as a serious buyer and the e-mails that were sent back and forth didn't make me feel all that comfortable, BUT they did offer a lower price at seattle by like $200, but Tacoma just seemed like nicer people. Allthough I will be taking it to Seattle for service and things.

Bellevue and Tacoma are under the same ownership, so it wouldn't be worth it to try and bargain between those two.

BTW, I want to add pics to show everyone, do I have to first have them on a page or something? I can't just "paste" it to the reply?

·
11,061 Posts
KANINE, I SAW YOUR CAR at the dealership early Saturday morning. It was parked right out front next to that red SC430...had your name on the "sold" tag. I was there getting that damned door pin put back for the third time and a new hinge ordered. I have yet to see another SBM actually on the road...but I know you're out there. Hope they gave you a decent deal.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
[qb] Ordered the ECU upgrade while I was was there too.

[ May 21, 2001: Message edited by: SeattleSheila ]

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep, that was me!! What time were you there? I got there a little after 11:00, (had to drive 45 miles down from up in Lynnwood/Alderwood area through early Mariner traffic).

I saw a few people come in with IS's, one was a nice GGP that had a bunch of friends in it, and I think I saw a white one take off.

The car was actually mfg. on 4/11, so it's got the new ECU in it, (I'm lucky!), doesn't have any hesitation whatsoever. This car RIPS!!!!

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by Kanine21:
Yep, that was me!! What time were you there? I got there a little after 11:00,
I was there at 7:45 to about 8:30. Had to wait while they washed the car.
(Hand wash, I might add; not machine like that one dealer has.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts