Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove into work and have a loud thumping noise coming from my wheel well that appears to be getting louder. The noise completely stops when I accelerate but as soon as I coast, the noise sounds starts up and "thumps" based on the speed of the tire. I pulled my tire off to see if anything was stuck or hitting the tire with neg results....anyone have any ideas...the tire is fine, the temp up here is -10 degrees celsius. thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just drove into work and have a loud thumping noise coming from my wheel well that appears to be getting louder. The noise completely stops when I accelerate but as soon as I coast, the noise sounds starts up and "thumps" based on the speed of the tire. I pulled my tire off to see if anything was stuck or hitting the tire with neg results....anyone have any ideas...the tire is fine, the temp up here is -10 degrees celsius. thanks.
is it your brakes...mine was making noises....IS are known for rotor warping....
or maybe its your axle...when the rubber on the axle gets torn it makes a thumping noise as well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts