Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel like an ass writing this thread up, but both of them are on sale in the forum, and I am really tempted to get them. How would you guys compare them? My understanding is Toyomoto has been the best in terms of reliability and noise, but I am beginning to learn that LMS kits have been quite reliable as well, since its inception last year (or maybe it was 2 years ago). I haven't heard much complaints about them. Also, the 'silent belt' method makes the sound much quieter.

Which in your opinion is better? In terms of power, reliability/durability, noise, ease of installation.

I would appreciate no LMS or Toyomoto bashings though. I would like this thread to be strictly about the kits. I doubt either of them will give me after service on a used kit.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Toyomoto was/is the best S/C product to ever be developed for the IS300...

you can buy a complete kit from OKCIS right now in the member sale forum...;)

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
If you need service, there are a few of us who can easily help you on the Toyomoto kit.

I really like the rotrex blowers, I have never heard a quieter s/c, and have put 30k+ miles on two different blowers with no issues.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Toyomoto by far. The LMS have been great kits, but if it uses the Powerdyne SC, expect to have the internal belt replaced sooner than later. The Rotrex is just as, if not quieter than a powerdyne.

Plus, I've never liked the location of the LMS air filter, right above the hot ass headers tucked in between the firewall and battery?

You will definetly get more power out of the Toyo kit.

Kane

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
i don't think there's really a comparison. if you only compare the s/c units themselves it's a non decision. i'd get the rotrex toyomoto setup any day if i wanted a s/c.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
dont ever dare comparing the LMW kit to the Toyo SC. The Toyo SC is by far the best SC kit availiable for the IS300 and you can run it into the ground and it will not break or mess up a thing. Not to mention, it works well with the motor and doesnt blow it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
who on here has the LMS and how much power difference is there?

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
LexIS307 said:
I had the toyomoto s/c kit, So I can atest to it, it was flawless!!!!! (Pulled nice on the highway, smooth power, nice sound from the engine bay and exhaust) Unitll some asshole hit me and tottaled the car....

im sure your current setup makes the last one feel like a very faint memory though. lol. Hope there is better luck with this car man.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Grt06 said:
who on here has the LMS and how much power difference is there?

ive worked with the Toyomoto SC quite a few times. Did 2 cars from scratch. One was the first shipped toyo kit which had some kinks that needed to be worked out, but the owner decided to go turbo instead, and the other car ran just fine.

Both cars put out a minimum of 310 RWHP.

·
Registered
748 Posts
thanks malekreza but i wanted to know more about the LMS

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm considering both of these kits as well. As far as the LMS kit...a big turn on for me, is they advertise it as being basically a bolt on. No tuning, or engine managment needed. For guys like me, who are just looking for a little more power, and not a 13 second car...that's a nice perk.

Anyone have any thoughts? I emailed LMS last week to get the ball rolling on my supercharger kit, but have yet to hear back from them :suspiciou

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
WELEPRO said:
I'm considering both of these kits as well. As far as the LMS kit...a big turn on for me, is they advertise it as being basically a bolt on. No tuning, or engine managment needed. For guys like me, who are just looking for a little more power, and not a 13 second car...that's a nice perk.

Anyone have any thoughts? I emailed LMS last week to get the ball rolling on my supercharger kit, but have yet to hear back from them :suspiciou
sorry to say that is completely untrue. If you think you can get away with ANY form of forced induction without tuning, you are sadly going to be stepping in a world of expense.

from mild to wild, no matter what kit anyone ever goes with, it must be TUNED to be safe and run properly.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
im sure your current setup makes the last one feel like a very faint memory though. lol. Hope there is better luck with this car man.
Ha Ha, for sure this car is a major improvement over the last, even though I miss my blue is300, your learn a thing or two your 2nd time round, ya know....thanks

-Josh

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
dont ever dare comparing the LMW kit to the Toyo SC. The Toyo SC is by far the best SC kit availiable for the IS300 and you can run it into the ground and it will not break or mess up a thing. Not to mention, it works well with the motor and doesnt blow it.

the superstreet kit from lms- bd11a blower blew up on me twice in 3 weeks, first time blew on the dyno by RAY, the ex lms worker, after waiting for 10 days, steve the owner/designer blew up the charger right infront of my face. all he did was test driving my car and redlineded first gear.

the impeller of the bd11a unit was shattered and was in pieces. the intercooler probably blocked 90% of the chunks, who knows if shit went into the engine.

all i can say is... the LMS bd11a unit is very unstable, sometimes the charger can push up to 10psi, sometimes u get a shitty unit and blows only 6.5 psi and if u are trying to get a small pully and increase the boost, good luck not blowing the unit.

the quality control sucks for powerdyne, the internal belt will either snap on you, or lose balance and crap on you = blown charger.

malek i know u 've been waiting for me to bring this up and i thought this is probably the best time to do so.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
in addition, call powerdyne and varify it yourself.

on their assembly line, they have 3 different size internal belts to put into the charger. why? cuz not every charger have the same dimention for the belt to be put on. some are loose , some are just fine.

this will tell you soemthing about why lms kit can be cheaper than the toyo kit.

========

after the charger blew up on me.. steve refuse to do a compression test for me and claims it shouldn't harm the engine at all.

and said if i had compression problem, i will get a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT.

NOW,

i dont know cars that well like malek, de or some other ppl..

check engine light for loss of compression? come on now... i want to know where the sensor is for the obd2 system.

he wanted me to pay him 150 bucks for a compression test if i insist when he blew up my charger can caused all these trouble.

some lms kits out there are solid as rock, some are just shitty as hell. all depends if you were the lucky one or not.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
i know ucdvchan's unit is solid as rock, he had it wayyyy longer than me and never had a problem, i will buy it from him if i were you.

i dont know about the edagw guy, but his unit seems to be pretty strong ... last him this long.

·
Registered
212 Posts
what's the price difference between the two?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts