Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone w/ an LMS SC kit ever timed their car? I tried to search but there were no results.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
i doubt anyone went to the 1/4 track with their kit.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
i dont believe the many people with these kits are worried about the trap times or speeds... the kits were not developed wit hracing or dragracing in mind.. . just for smooth lexus liek sdriveability 7 a nice chunk of additional power...

we will go out as a group one day tothe strip when we can coordinate it at least once just for shits & giggles... but i personally have never worried about it.

My car is fast enough for me right now to spin the 255/19 tires everywhere i go like nothing &is still super smooth also..

i dont really care what it will do in a timed run as long as it hauls ass in the canyons & at the road course....but it weillbe good to know once we do it ...

some day i will check it out & let y'all know what happens...

don't hold yer breath, i never drag race on the street from a stop... only run fro ma roll if at all...i do the occasional freeway blast with another car or canyon run battle... but i have never drag raced my car at a strip & will probably fuk it up more than get it right...:)

i'll figure it out;)

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
the kits were not developed wit hracing or dragracing in mind.. . just for smooth lexus liek sdriveability 7 a nice chunk of additional power...
If that was said at the beginning of the kits release, maybe LMW woulda got a lot less flaming, maybe... I donno...
Actually thats the drift that the homepage sends, so I guess its at the readers understanding.

I know I was one of the dudes that thought "shit, no EMS, that kit wil blow after 30 miles" but riding in my friends Pro Street with 8K + miles in it and a wide band, I gotta hand it to them, I won't concede to long term reliability yet it hasn't gone that far, but it sure past the 30 mile blow up limmit, and showed the gurus up in here that most of them just reverberated what their tuners say, and not pure Lexus manual Lexus technician (wich something doesn't mean much), pure complete understanding of our sensors and ECU programming info. Too bad the dudes that seriously worked on our ECU are not here to pipe in but speak Japanese and are in Japan drinking an Asahi and have their mind set on the next Anime.

I just remember the first time I heard a LMS pro street and thought that car had some balls, becuase of all the "boosted noises" it made (loud ass supercharger, damn loud for 6.5psi only at top boost and the BOV scaring the kids lol). But seeing what it really puts down (or lack of) if I were to have to throw down on that kit, I'd want to make it what it should be, since it doesn't have the speed to rep for the noise it makes, I'd at the very least insist on having a air box made to keep that "lexus OEM" sound with the extra hp. Make that Pro street kit really seem like it would be the way Lexus would want it to roll of the factory like, air box, silent BOV or maybe even recirced BOV (maybe put some Nippon badges on it too to throw of the dumber cops).

I'm very curious what an 8psi LMS SS Imanage kit can throw down though. There should be a good few peeps out there with this kit now, and yet no write ups. I know Rollinhard had a point, why post when one will be flamed but that info should be out there.

We need a SoCal Gtech that can be checked out like a libary book lol, so that peeps can post their pre skid pad and post skid pad with tire/sway/spring shock/coil over mods and their NA or boost mod improvements. It might not be car&driver on the mark but it would be something to go on.

B>

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
I don't recall directly but i never felt from anything i read there that this kit was designed & meant for someone interested in racing around town daily & blowing off all challengers....

my SS kit is sitting at a solid 310 RWHP at 7psi daily driven! my GTE block/ internals is new due to another issue.,... but the overall kit is the same as always & i have over 3k on this one & have put well over 5k miles on the other SS kits i have had i nthe car between testing other units with no problems w/ the SS specific blower... my problems all came when i was testing the XB1A model Powerdyne blowers & the ATI Procharger...

i know Sasquatch has had SS kit running pewrfectly since installation for at least 7k miles i dunno what his mileage on the kit is now..........

lf i hadnt been testing the other blowers all year . i would probably havbe 10k on this setup only problem i have ever had withthe SS blower was a broken belt, that is a pretty quick & easy fix that LMW does in house... bqsed o nthe fact tha tt he blower was brand new we are thinkign that belt was defective... i have had the new belt in for 2k miels & several trips up to SAn Jose & LAs Vegas & the thing is solid as a rock.

I will be working up a specific upgrade plan on my car/ Kit soon... bigger intercooler intercooler sprayer, Alcohol Injection, sealing the air intake filter off from Engine bay air/ heat & venting it to the cool air thru the hood, adjusting the cam gear, & finally a focus on solid Fuel delivery/fuel management tuning to run it a bit leaner than we are now. For the summer, we set it up fairly rich for saftety etc...& i am still running 11.5-12.3 AF ratios when at WOT right now...we can definitely tighten this up & get more power for sure.... all these things combined should result in a nice little boost to the power output, hopefully 20/40 hp overall when we are done....

I hope to develop a nice little upgrade path to support not only more power but also better longevity & lower operating temps for the motor etc.. something any one with this kit can emulate to really just maximize the entire setup to be more powerful & just as reliable as it has been...

stay tuned.... i gott a sell some stuff before i can afford to make this happen...;).

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I hope to develop a nice little upgrade path to support not only more power but also better longevity & lower operating temps for the motor etc.. something any one with this kit can emulate to really just maximize the entire setup to be more powerful & just as reliable as it has been...
Sounds good Edge, and good for all the LMS boosted guys out there. Just gotta call you on the 310rwhp at only 7psi, with a parasitic supercharger and lowered compression of the GTE internals, sounds like that dyno is a bit giving. Do you have something additional advancing spark timing and/or some really good head work?

Sasquatch had like the second SS made right? Is he running the new Imanage then? Stock cats or aftermarket headers/ypipe?

If your going to do with the hood what I think your going to do, it'll be sick, best of luck.

B.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
the supercharger has been perfect for me. keep in mind, i do not race straight line or do i care about it.

the only problem i had with the kit was the BD11a's belt snapping while i was racing an e36 m3 and e46 m3 (i was at 130mph..when it snapped on me). LMS covered it automatically without any questions and ever since then..the kit has been great to me.

i will be writing a review soon with some in-car video action through the twisties against other cars but as for now..the supercharger is not finished yet.

stay tuned?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Ived Put 20k Miles On The Kit With Out A Problem Stock Header

I Drive 200 Miles A Day For Work

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
DanielIS300 said:
I guess we will never know. Whats all this talk about how great it is, how reliable it is, what it should be thought of, rwhp, thats great an all, but that is not in question, the question is what does the car do in the quarter mile with the kit, simply put.
so why dont you buy one and do it for us then.

i would actually go to the quarter mile track for .net but i really dont get any enjoyment out of a simple straight line run that last 10-15secs.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
it's still helpful for any kits out there, to see a pre and post boost dyno on the same dyno...everyone talks about how certain dynos are more conservative, the only true way to compare kits apples to apples would be to look at the change in power pre and post boost

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
edgy said:
i dont believe the many people with these kits are worried about the trap times or speeds... the kits were not developed wit hracing or dragracing in mind.. . just for smooth lexus liek sdriveability 7 a nice chunk of additional power...

we will go out as a group one day tothe strip when we can coordinate it at least once just for shits & giggles... but i personally have never worried about it.
haha nice write up

im down for a group lms boosted track day meet

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
edgy said:
my SS kit is sitting at a solid 310 RWHP at 7psi daily driven! my GTE block/ internals is new due to another issue.
Out of curiousity, what "issue" caused you to need new internals?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Wxman said:
Out of curiousity, what "issue" caused you to need new internals?
i believe he blew his motor with the tbko s\c kit before.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
^^ That was teh first time around, I think Wxman is asking about the second time around.

Ltunedgirl, she lives!

B.

·
Registered
133 Posts
smog check

i am a newbie at this tunning stuff. I am planning to get the LMW SS kit installed. I was told it is not California legal yet. How do I get pass the smog check?

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
dhho1 said:
i am a newbie at this tunning stuff. I am planning to get the LMW SS kit installed. I was told it is not California legal yet. How do I get pass the smog check?
You won't, unless you know a friend who knows a friend of a college rommates sisters boyfriend... who has a friend that works at a smog check facility and takes benjamin franklins in groups of no less than 5.

You maaaaaay be able to get away with the emnissions part, it's the visual that will kill ya'

My car is completely stock now, and my smog guy was looking at the hard vacuum lines that run behind the cam gear cover asking what they went to! They're STOCK!! Came from Lexus like that, he had a hard time believing me at first.

Wish emissions down here were like up in Seattle. :(

Kane

1 - 20 of 35 Posts