Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well im deciding if i want to invest in FI. I dont want crazy amounts of power but just alittle extra boost and the blow off wont hurt either ;).

For thoes of you who have this kit or thoes of you who know about this kit are there any problems with this kit? And is it worth it? Im looking into this kit because it says that you dont need to tune and you dont need fuel management. can anyone verify?

Also i have a question about FI in general does a supercharger tend to have less or more problems than a turbo would?

thnx
-sexylexy-

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
no promblems with my kit
if you want a simple setup with more power then your getting the right kit

pm me if you have any other questions

·
Registered
922 Posts
either turbo or super can have problems, on a s/c....the belt can snap, the blower can just go out, on turbo, you need good tuning and to keep the oil changed, so either one might have issues down the road. good luck with the boost.

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone do the install them selves? cause if i do get this i will most likly be doing it myself and save me a grand or so..... :)

thnx
-sexylexy-

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
IWannaLex said:
How much HP does this kit make? Would a tranny upgrade be needed on a 5spd? TIA

i saw the dyno for the 5spd.

prostreet - the guy was making a bit over 250whp.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Dont they charge the same price for installed and not installed?

sexyLexy808 said:
anyone do the install them selves? cause if i do get this i will most likly be doing it myself and save me a grand or so..... :)

thnx
-sexylexy-

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
revhard said:
Dont they charge the same price for installed and not installed?

yea, thats what I was thinking. I think it is the same price no matter if it is installed or shipped. So if it convenient for you, I would just get it installed there.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I think the problem would be that he's in hawaii and LMW is in Cali

·
Registered
924 Posts
I had it put on my car back in Dec 04 when it was still a prototype. Took a risk and still running like a champ. LOL

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
supercharger and turbo's have roughly the same amount of maintenance and possibility that something could go wrong.

There's no reason to think your supercharger is gonna be more reliable than your turbo setup.

·
Registered
341 Posts
guillermo said:
no promblems with my kit
if you want a simple setup with more power then your getting the right kit

pm me if you have any other questions
just a simple questions m8, does this supercharger kit have many modification needed to the engine as turbocharger kit does? if so, what are they? let me know. thanks!

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Dakomo said:
just a simple questions m8, does this supercharger kit have many modification needed to the engine as turbocharger kit does? if so, what are they? let me know. thanks!
What modifications does a turbocharger kit need for the engine?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts