Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I liked that review. :)

Not one other review I have read said the same thing about road feel in the new IS like this one. Finally, a review that had valid complaints like other people on these boards about the lack of direct steering and road feel.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
I think it is a ridiculous article, and it contradicts itself. GARBAGE!
What a waste of a click.

·
Registered
667 Posts
"It set out a target to beat BMW, but it turned out to be even less driver satisfying than the first generation IS."

I'd say that's true. Unfortunately I agree with most of the article. Does anyone else find it unusual that there is already a thread started on how to "fix" the IS? I didn't want to trade my car in for something boring that lacked the driving fun/feel of the IS300, and now the IS has become that car. Toyota/Lexus excorsized what made the IS so much fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to admit, I also agree with the comments on the steering. I went for a test drive a couple of days ago and when I got back in my car and drove away the difference was amazing, my car felt so much better.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I want to test drive the new 350 just to see what it feels like. Stupid Lexus distribution... :pissed: Give my dealer only 1 350 and then put that thing in the showroom.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
"First of all, the IS looked ugly compare with an European premium car."

What the hell?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
That article is more than harsh!

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Overall though yes I agree as well it contradicts itself a lot.

Poorly written article as well.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
rubley said:
I'd say that's true. Unfortunately I agree with most of the article. Does anyone else find it unusual that there is already a thread started on how to "fix" the IS? I didn't want to trade my car in for something boring that lacked the driving fun/feel of the IS300, and now the IS has become that car. Toyota/Lexus excorsized what made the IS so much fun.
I created that thread as a WISH LIST for the new IS. It's not a list of problems with the new IS. :pissed:

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Funny, my IS300 felt heavy on the steering and ride felt not so good after I drove the IS350. I thought the ride of the IS350 was taught and welll dampened, but comfy and good at soaking up the bumps. I really do prefer it to my 02.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Crester said:
I created that thread as a WISH LIST for the new IS. It's not a list of problems with the new IS. :pissed:
Don't get :pissed: I wanted to fall in love with this car and not even think twice about buying it. But after driving the IS250AWD, and seeing the pricing come out, I'm thinking twice. The new IS is a great car, I just feel like it's missing the "soul" of the IS300. The steering feel is light, uncommunicative. The car feels heavy and yet it's still cramped inside, the back seat seems no bigger, I think the additional length is all in the nose. The interior fit and finish is spectacular of course. I drove a 530i with sport package yesterday, great driving feel, progressive at the limit, slight tendency to understeer, more fun than a GS300. I'm not a BMW fan, and iDrive is an abomination, but I'll have to take a second look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
bartkat said:
Funny, my IS300 felt heavy on the steering and ride felt not so good after I drove the IS350. I thought the ride of the IS350 was taught and welll dampened, but comfy and good at soaking up the bumps. I really do prefer it to my 02.
The IS350 definitely had a smoother ride, I just think the steering on my IS300 feels better. I actually prefer heavier steering.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
webmaster said:
The article itself is a bit adolescent, but raises some valid criticisms.
Thats why I liked it. I get so tired of reading articles about how good everything is. Not just with the IS but with other cars.

Everyone is to scared to bash something. :pissed:

Lots of those magazine reviewers are spineless and can't really criticize anything.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I find it odd that so much of the article is about road feel, driving dynamics and comparisons to the BMW yet the author/editor did not spend 5 seconds to time it in the 0-60 or spend 14 seconds to time it in the quarter mile. Nor do they bother to correct their plethora of grammar mistakes.

"the sports suspensions are overdamped and transmit too much shocks to the cabin. This mean it is not an all-round package..."

They did however bother to quote C&D and R&T for their performance figures. It sounds like they were just looking for a BMW beater and couldn't get past that when typing up the poorly written article. You almost have to cut through the bias with a knife and ask yourself, "How much of the article should I believe?"

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
KraxyKanuck said:
Thats why I liked it. I get so tired of reading articles about how good everything is. Not just with the IS but with other cars.

Lots of those magazine reviewers are spineless and can't really criticize anything.
Yeah, it is fine to criticize even bash the car, but have some substance to do so. This article did not have that at all, and to top it all off, it contradicted itself.

I wrote an article about the IS, first I did not bash the car, yes I was hyped about it.
But I was fair in saying that it lacked steering feel...I even went as far as saying that for the hardcore enthusiasts the beemer was a better vehicle.
I think I was more than fair with my impression, yet I did not have to bash the car.

·
Registered
547 Posts
KraxyKanuck said:

I also agree with the comments and with you too, people in here make the new IS bigger then it really is.
I really think the new IS looks like shit.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts