Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove this IS300 today, it was an 03 5-speed with 35k miles on it.

Basically, when I was at a stop light I put the car into 1st gear getting ready to go and when I put it in 1st I felt a little jolt about half a second later after I put the shifter into gear.

It almost felt like the car slipped into 1st gear half a second later after me actually putting the shifter in there.....

Is this normal for the car or is this sign of somethign bad?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had my 15,000, '02 5 speed for a little over a month, and I'm told this is normal. But it does feel strange. Almost feels like the clutch is dragging a bit.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
From my expierence the synchros on the IS are a bit more aggressive than on some other cars. What your feeling is the synchros grabbing 1st gear, not the clutch dragging. My 04 feels/does the same thing.

HustleLikeM0FO said:
I test drove this IS300 today, it was an 03 5-speed with 35k miles on it.

Basically, when I was at a stop light I put the car into 1st gear getting ready to go and when I put it in 1st I felt a little jolt about half a second later after I put the shifter into gear.

It almost felt like the car slipped into 1st gear half a second later after me actually putting the shifter in there.....

Is this normal for the car or is this sign of somethign bad?

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
my 2002 does that same thing the car is made that way, there are a hundred threads about this. hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts