Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY DEALERSHIP SEEMS TO THINK THAT i AM A LIAR. THEY SEEM TO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE TRAC/ ECU REPROGRAM. I HAVE BEEN BLOWN OFF REPEATEDLY BY WESTSIDE LEXUS OF HOUSTON,TX. MY SERVICE GUY BLEW ME OFF OVER A MONTH AGO. SO I LET IT PASS. THEN I STARTED TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THE SAME EX PERIENCES THAT I WAS HAVING WITH MY IS300. SO I GOT THE BULITEN INFORMATION AND GAVE IT TO HIM. BLEW ME OFF AGAIN. WELL I AM FED UP WITH IT. I AM ONLY 25, BUT I BOUGHT THIS DAMN CAR MYSELF AND I DESEREVE TO BE TREATED LIKE ANY OTHER OWNER. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT AN OUTSIDER KNOWS MORE ABOUT A CAR THAN SOMEONE THAT WORKS AT A DEALERSHIP. I AM SCHEDULED TO HAVE IT DONE THIS WEEKEND, HOWEVER MY SERVICE REP WAS A VICTIM FROM THE RECENT FLOODS. I AM SORRY FOR THAT BUT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN CARE OF A LONG TIME AGO. THEY SAY THAT THE SERVICE THAT LEXUS OWNERS RECIEVE IS EXCELENT, WELL........I HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING BUT TIHS FROM THEM SINCE I GOT THE CAR.....ANYONE WANNA TRADE A SUPRA FOR MY IS ?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
no, I don't have a supra, sorry. But I'd show you a ton of respect if you gave me your grill!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i had the same problem as you did at westside. when did you ask them about it? cuz i brought it to the service dudes attention a while back and he didnt know what it was back then either. he now is saying that my parts are on order. youre gettin it done this wknd? damn...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I seems strange that such a controversy can be caused over the ECU/TRAC thing. You gotta question why some lexus dealerships are just ignorant of the bulletins. I can honestly say that I believe some of them just don't know about it. My father is the manager in lexus of watertown, and he didn't know about it until i nagged the sh!t out of him and showed him myself. Ignorance is no excuse, so keep on naggin them!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
COMPLAINT HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF. THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. LOL. YOU WANNA GO TO WAR I'LL TAKE YOU TO WAR....

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
yea, i just think that some of the dealers really dont know about it. but, its usually the consumer who will research the problem and go to the dealer for answers. guess we gotta give some of the dealers a break, even if it takes 4 months to get the trac-ecu done!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by scoot557:
I seems strange that such a controversy can be caused over the ECU/TRAC thing. You gotta question why some lexus dealerships are just ignorant of the bulletins. I can honestly say that I believe some of them just don't know about it. My father is the manager in lexus of watertown, and he didn't know about it until i nagged the sh!t out of him and showed him myself. Ignorance is no excuse, so keep on naggin them!
Hey cool, you father is the manager over there? i wasn't going to bug them about it until my 5,000 mile service. But its good to know that they actually have kowledge about it. Is your father Hans (sp?) by any chance?

I got my 1,000 mile service done there and they were very friendly and cooperative.

Oh yeah, one more thing, when time comes, should I call them ahead of time so they can order the parts and do the 5,000 service at the same time, instead of going there twice? Or do they have to look at the car first?

[ June 14, 2001: Message edited by: GMoney ]

·
Registered
160 Posts
I went to my dealer yesterday and played "stupid". The service advisor was cool, he put my name on the list and told me about the update. I was surprised. Have you tried giving the Service Advisor the bulletin #. It is TSIB EG003-01. Maybe this will help. Have him look this up.
The reason I played stupid is because I'm 24, (paying for it myself) and I didn't want to seem like some kid who read the info on the internet. I thought if I went in there and asked for the ECU update, I would have gotten the run around, like so many other have.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I Hate WESTSIDE!!!
They were a--holes about getting my HID replaced when it developed moisture...I took it where I bought my Car: Northside. They had no problem...WESTSIDE Lexus folks aren't even good enough to take a piss on! FOCK them all. they are just the closest and also owned by the same group that owns Northside.
They treat me like Sh*t! When I went there a few months ago with a good friend, in his 911C4, to get some touch up paint they asked me what year ES I had! After I clearly told the guy over the phone I had a jade gs4. I guess it is because they can’t stand to see a guy in his mid twenties having a LEX. Even worse, one time the FOCKING guy handed me the keys to an ES! (Not that I have anything against an ES) but when I told him that mine was the GS4, he looked at me like I raped his 300 lbs. fat ugly wife...sorry to disappoint her. I wouldn't even send my friend's St. Bernard to do her
Sorry this topic bought back memories.

·
11,061 Posts
Suppose they're just too stupid to get the upgrade to work, so they're trying to avoid it? Just an idea...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too have been a victim of Westside Lexus bad service. I've had a jacked up cd changer for a month now. It took them A MONTH to order a new one and to replace my jacked up one. A new unit was put in, but I am looking at another 4-6 weeks for them to return my cds.

AND they made it seem as though I was inconveniencing THEM for calling back once week to get updates on the situation-----whereas I thought that they would've contacted me when the unit was in! How was I supposed to know any better???!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, sounds like some of you guys are getting shafted. Still, it's not as bad as some of the BMW guys. THe sales guys consistently blew me off because of my age. Even the friggin Acura fool asked me if i need to talk to my parents before getting a car. Young professionals still don't get any respect these days.

Part of what swayed my decision from the 330ci to the IS was the service. And just as a side note- the best damn sales guy in the Bay Area is Phil from Serramonte Lexus. He owns a finely tuned IS himself, knows more about the car than the average lexus rep and really hooks me up time and again.

okay enough of my rambling...
Go complain to corporate and have the idiot fired. hehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts