Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm bringing my car to Xcessive this weekend and they are going to install and tune my car with the Link G4 unit with Panic Wire. I'll let you guys know how it works. The platform they are working with is a GTE swap Is300 with full 3inch straight pipe exhaust and an intake. Everything else is basically stock wired to the Aristo ECU.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm bringing my car to Xcessive this weekend and they are going to install and tune my car with the Link G4 unit with Panic Wire. I'll let you guys know how it works. The platform they are working with is a GTE swap Is300 with full 3inch straight pipe exhaust and an intake. Everything else is basically stock wired to the Aristo ECU.
Cool and good luck!

Inquire about how the Link Thunder ecu system is coming along, too!

·
Registered
97 Posts
We're using this setup on my friend's 1jz swapped drift car and it works great. Alot of nice features and very stealth. It comes in the stock ecu casing and fits into the stock ecu box. Has a built in MAP sensor and completely eliminates the stock ecu.

It also works with the stock muliplex system so a/c, fan relays and gauges all work. You can even program each indicator light on your cluster to do whatever you want. For example you can turn your CEL into a shift light if you wanted to.

Great standalone for the price, and has alot of nice features. Only downside is that it only works for manual transmission, so if you have a auto transmission you're out of luck. I'd say this is probably the best standalone for the IS300 just because you can completely eliminate the stock ecu.
care to share some details? I'm thinking the upgraded turbo from driftmotion and this ECU will make for a pretty easy 400hp setup

Cool and good luck!

Inquire about how the Link Thunder ecu system is coming along, too!
Is that another ECU product in the works?

·
Registered
253 Posts
The setup offered by Xcessive/Panic Wire is based on the Link G4+ "Xtreme" hardware. Link has another G4+ unit called "Thunder", which has some additional features. My understanding is they're working on a Thunder-based kit for the geeks and nerds that want more features.

The Xtreme is very powerful, but its input/output is close to maxed out the way Xcessive/Panic have it configured to work all the peripheral stuff on the IS300. The Thunder adds a bunch of I/O (plenty to run direct spark instead of waste spark) and adds two dedicated WBO2 controllers to the ecu board. The Xtreme requires an external WBO2 controller that sends a 0-5V signal to the ecu itself (consuming one of the analog-in channels).

The Xtreme is plenty for most purposes (plus you can use its canbus to daisy-chain more peripheral can devices), but the Thunder takes it up a solid notch.

·
Registered
764 Posts
So I talked to Guy from Xcessive this past weekend when I was there to drop off my car. I was inquiring about the Thunder and they said they are working on a kit for that but for the IS300, it's overkill. Even with the Xtreme, there are still many ports and options left untouched in it for users to configure what they want. This is for a daily driver, not track or anything. If you are doing track and drag where you would need more outputs, the thunder would probably be better. He also said the thunder is better for controlling cars with more cylinders. I get my car back in about 3 weeks and I'll let you guys know more.

·
Registered
478 Posts
That Link setup sounds interesting, but the part about only having one availiable input kind of limits it. I’d want a few ins/outs for expand ability and future-proofing. The thunder would be choice, if I were to do it again. Even the infinity 506 could stand a few more I/o’s. There’s always something to dream up and have it control.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't use the xcessive kit, I repinned my loom to suit the Altezza plug in myself. I have about 14 spare IO left for things like flex fuel, extra temp, sequential ingition for smart could later.

Here is a snip of my pinout map.

Don't forget that the Link PnP also CAN so you can use CAN wideband and not use dated inaccurate analog input.

There is also the expansion cable you can get from Link that will give you the extra IO from the base PnP board.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts