Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
That’s pretty bad ass. I read the description, and it states a “check engine light” function...does that mean it’s OBD2 compatible? My infinity can have a cel output but it’s not OBD2 by any means. If the Link speaks obd, then it will be a good choice for folks that live in states requiring emissions checks. Also, I didn’t see if traction control is supported. I’d assume yes, since it sounds like the Link does DBW, and the traction control torque reduction is via DBW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately doesn’t support obd2 but the CEL light can be used for a multitude of things depending on what parameters you set for it. Yes it’s capable of traction control but I don’t have mine setup. You can run your cruise control with it as well. I currently use the cruise control switch to arm my anti lag

·
Registered
514 Posts
Unfortunately doesn’t support obd2 but the CEL light can be used for a multitude of things depending on what parameters you set for it. Yes it’s capable of traction control but I don’t have mine setup. You can run your cruise control with it as well. I currently use the cruise control switch to arm my anti lag

Still pretty cool and no wiring nightmares. Definitely would consider if I wasn’t already on standalone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya it’s the extreme with a panic wire jumper harness making it plug and play. It also comes with the maf subharness that you use for the iat sensor. It all works good and is super simple

·
Registered
765 Posts
We're using this setup on my friend's 1jz swapped drift car and it works great. Alot of nice features and very stealth. It comes in the stock ecu casing and fits into the stock ecu box. Has a built in MAP sensor and completely eliminates the stock ecu.

It also works with the stock muliplex system so a/c, fan relays and gauges all work. You can even program each indicator light on your cluster to do whatever you want. For example you can turn your CEL into a shift light if you wanted to.

Great standalone for the price, and has alot of nice features. Only downside is that it only works for manual transmission, so if you have a auto transmission you're out of luck. I'd say this is probably the best standalone for the IS300 just because you can completely eliminate the stock ecu.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you mind sharing the manual?

How does it do CAN to MPX? The Link Altezza plugin has a CAN to MPX convertor on the logic board itself. Is it using the same board but different IO?

If there a AUX connector for unused IO? 2nd CAN?

Would really like to see the IO assignment.

Edit, did some digging. Looks like it IS the Altezza PnP but with a patch loom and reassigned IO in the Link..
Interesting..

·
Registered
36 Posts
For automatic control? Not from most ECU manufacturers. You will need to look at getting a manual valve body and shift it manual or look at getting a TCU like a Spitronics, PCS, Compushift etc to control the auto.

Personally I'm using the Spitronics Mercury 2 TCU to control the A343e but it also supports the A650e if you want to keep swapping gearboxes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Personally I'm using the Spitronics Mercury 2 TCU to control the A343e but it also supports the A650e if you want to keep swapping gearboxes.
are you running the OEM ECU or did you pin the Spitronics to the link ECU?
do you have any info about Dicktator TCU? are they standalone TCUs?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, OEM ecu is in the bin. Link controls the engine and BEAN network including gauge cluster, climate control. The Spitronics TCU is only controlling the auto.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's a quick video I made to shed some light into this!

Also, one thing to mention is that this ECU will NOT control the Auto Trans.
On their site, there is a listing for an 02-05 Auto IS300. That is for those cars that originally came equipped with the AT.

Anyhow, this ECU is the real deal. No more double ECUs, no more piggy backs, and YES to AC!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts