Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a problem I've been trying to solve since the first day it rained this spring. So here's the list of issues.

02 is300 auto, 200k miles, almost all stock.
-EFI Relay clicking when key is out of ignition (theres also an identical clicking under the car, unsure what that is. Both sounds stop when relay is pulled)

-Gauges/cluster reading incorrectly, either
--gas gauge shows empty, light flashes, outside temp reads E independent of other cluster problens
--Door closed light and seatbelt light stay on after double checking all doors, seem to always happen together
--Once, i had the oil filter light and dead brake light indicator stay on.
--Coolant gauge reads below cold, independent issue
(all these cluster problems happen seemingly without reason, and some even change while driving like the coolant gauge. Specifically it will go between half and bottomed out, while driving the same speed down a flat rroad.)

-Alarm has gone off randomly while the car is sitting untouched(even happened while i was looking at it from my porch)
-Alarm has gone off 3 times when i unlock it using the key. The only way i can only deactivate it is by locking it twice then unlocking it.

All of these problems started in spring, and they only occur after a moderate rainfall, or yesterday after it went through a car wash.
The windshield was replaced before spring and it seems likely it could be leaking, but i cannot find water leaking and all the carpet inside the car is always dry.
I swapped out the MPX body, which I thought was the solution until it rained the next day. I swapped it back to the original which made the problem disappear again, although i think it's just the timing of when the car is drying. Also swapped the EFI relay multiple times

If anyone has any reccomendations or where to start looking, let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It could be a short, or it could be the cluster itself, or it could be a short, which subsequently damaged the cluster. I've had my cluster go, it's no picnic. In my experience, any problem involving the cluster is cause for a professional. Even if only for the paper trail, you don't want to get messed up with a tripped tampering warning.

I recommend this shop as they specialize exclusively in instrument clusters and, well, they're just super knowledgeable and well priced. Lexus Instrument Clusters - Replacement Cluster Panels, Dash Panels, Gauge Clusters, Speedometers for Lexus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts